Author Topic: Looking for a Marriage Record Inniscarra R.C parish 1810 - 1815  (Read 1982 times)

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for a Marriage Record Inniscarra R.C parish 1810 - 1815
« on: Friday 21 June 13 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I am trying to locate a marriage record for my ancestors Patrick Corcoran and Mary Walsh who I believe married in Inniscarra Parish around 1810 - 1815. I believe Patrick was originally from Sligo and I am trying to find out more about him. I know they had at least 4 children all baptised in Inniscarra Parish - Mary Corcoran 1816, Patrick 1819, Ellen 1821 and Catherine 1824. If any one knows of any local historians or genealogists for Inniscarra who may be able to help, please let me know.

Thanks,
Alan

Offline Sonas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a Marriage Record Inniscarra R.C parish 1810 - 1815
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 June 13 23:29 BST (UK) »
Inniscarra marriage records seem to start on 7 August 1814 so this would be your problem if they married before this. Have you searched rootsireland.ie?

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 June 13 02:49 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Yes I have tried rootsireland.ie, that is where I got all the dates for their children's baptism's however I could find no marriage cert - I was hoping to find the name of a local historian who may help me. The marriage record may exist but just may not be on Roots Ireland

Offline Sonas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 June 13 05:50 BST (UK) »
The NLI and RootsIreland both give the start date as 1814. You're probably out of luck and would be better getting clarification from the parish office than a local historian.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 June 13 11:27 BST (UK) »
there are two marriages on irish genealogy for 1804 and 1808 for residents of inniscarra in cork and ross parish, did the parish church exist at that time maybe an examination of the cork and ross parish for that period might turn up something.

Offline Sonas

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 22 June 13 13:39 BST (UK) »
there are two marriages on irish genealogy for 1804 and 1808 for residents of inniscarra in cork and ross parish, did the parish church exist at that time maybe an examination of the cork and ross parish for that period might turn up something.

I don't understand what you are suggesting. The only two that are popping up for me are two people whose address is Inniscarra but who got married in the South Parish in Cork city (Cork & Ross Diocese). Inniscarra is in Cloyne Diocese unless this was different in the past?