Author Topic: Friends Of Tottenham Cemetery  (Read 5925 times)

Offline Totcemfriends

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Friends Of Tottenham Cemetery
« on: Thursday 27 June 13 00:54 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,
Myself and a few others are setting up a Friends of Tottenham Cemetery (Whitehart Lane, N17) and I thought here might be a good place to a) let interested parties know and b) ask questions that some more experienced people here might have the answers to.
We are due to hold our Founding Meeting on Sunday 30th June, 2pm, Bruce Castle Museum, Lordship Lane, N17 8NU. All welcome-local residents,cemetery visitors, those with family graves, those interested in Tottenham people's history or in green space biodiversity, and members of interested local societies, groups and stakeholders, genealogists.

Please forward to anyone you think may be interested.
If you would like to become a member of a future
Friends of Tottenham Cemetery and to be kept
informed just send an email/pm me.

Obviously we are not set up to be able to answer any specific grave look ups just yet, but I can fill you in on some general info.
The cemetery is now run by a contractor called Dignity Caring Funeral Services, Haringey council have given them the lease for 50 years and they have drawn up some plans to refurbish and maintain the area. All the records are held at Enfield Crematorium http://www.enfield.gov.uk/info/330/death-funerals-cremations/755/cremation which is also now run by Dignity. If members of rootschat think it's appropriate I will keep everyone updated here as to developments in the cemetery. Many of us are worried about the implications of a private firm running our local cemetery and already have concerns about some of the 'improvements' that have taken place.
Look forward to hearing from you all.
Regards Glynis- on behalf of the Friends of Tottenham Cemetery.

Offline lauren4136

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Friends Of Tottenham Cemetery
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 August 13 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hi
I live locally and have been trying to find the grave of HART which is in the Northern Part, no 3128.

for the life of me, I cannot find this.  Can you ask the authorities to place markers with the plot numbers please?  I know there are maps on each corner but when you are trying to find a particular plot number and there are thousands of graves in that area, it just makes it easier!!  Many thanks

Lauren Williams

Offline dave marden

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Friends Of Tottenham Cemetery
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 April 14 12:06 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

My great grandparents William and Emma Martin are buried at Tottenham Cemetery, western section. I have the grave numbers but no idea where they are. Does anyone have a decent map/plan of the cemetery - or know where I can obtain one? Any help in finding them would be greatly appreciated.