Author Topic: liverpool marriage.  (Read 7290 times)

Offline Red Tom

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: liverpool marriage.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 01 July 13 11:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom

Can I just be clear - do you already have all this information that I have posted and spent a long time searching for ?
Regards
Heywood
Please forgive my lapse of manners Heywood, it was not my intention to ignore your input and efforts on my behalf,it's just that the info is coming in at a rate slightly faster than I can keep up with.All and any information which may help me to further this project is greatly appreciated, believe me.
Calland/Campbell/Pilkington/Wignall/Varley/Briscoe

Offline Red Tom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 01 July 13 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hello again Alan, I've got Mary and her children in 1881, the first four being born in L/pool, and the youngest in Garston. Mary is Head of household , as by now she is widowed. I've posted previously in an attempt to discover about her husband, but I only recently got Robert's birth cert, so it's the marriage I'm trying to follow so as to discover more re Thomas the husband,but I can find no sight in my feeble efforts so far.

Hiya Tom - does the 1881 census include Thomas Jnr - or had he already passed away by then ?
if he was still alive and died a little later - could he be buried in St Austins churchyard ?...I am only 2 bus stops away from St Austins - I could walk up and have a look if you like
allan
Sorry Alan, I'm going about this a bit cack-handed today,Thomas jnr died 16/11/1888, and probably is buried in Grassendale, but as any inscription isn't likely to shed any further info on the marriage of his parents, it would probably be a waste of your time.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 01 July 13 11:26 BST (UK) »
Are but there may be other names on that headstone,in Grassendale,nothings a waste of time,to a Rootschatter,
well maybe housework and Ironing,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Red Tom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 01 July 13 11:32 BST (UK) »
A very good point Radcliff, well observed.Thank you for that.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 01 July 13 11:44 BST (UK) »
Tom,

I was only bothered that you already knew what I was finding and I would be wasting my time to continue - no criticism, just clarity  ;)

I would say, that we have to accept that there is probably no marriage for whatever reasons.

If we have the right Elizabeth's baptism, she was born a couple of years before - perhaps to a single mum Mary - or a dad, Thomas and other mother. The other children are baptised within a short time - Catholic practice. One would imagine that Mary would be the Catholic so perhaps Elizabeth is not her child.
Also several times, the family are referred to as Davis without the 'e'.  Maybe there is something in that - maybe not!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Red Tom

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 02 July 13 07:57 BST (UK) »
Tom,

I was only bothered that you already knew what I was finding and I would be wasting my time to continue - no criticism, just clarity  ;)

I would say, that we have to accept that there is probably no marriage for whatever reasons.

If we have the right Elizabeth's baptism, she was born a couple of years before - perhaps to a single mum Mary - or a dad, Thomas and other mother. The other children are baptised within a short time - Catholic practice. One would imagine that Mary would be the Catholic so perhaps Elizabeth is not her child.
Also several times, the family are referred to as Davis without the 'e'.  Maybe there is something in that - maybe not!
Thank you Heywood, it doesn't look too promising I have to agree.
 For reasons of budgetary constraint, I'm unable to purchase each and every certificate I would wish for,so have to choose carefully, is there anything to be gained, do you think, in me obtaining the birth cert for Elizabeth, in an attempt to work backwards in some way? (or is it Straw Clutching time?!)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 02 July 13 09:57 BST (UK) »
Well, I can't believe this - after all that searching!

1871 3762 / 77 / 15

Thomas Davies lodger head  28 yrs Room Keeper (finance assist.) b Wales Denbigh
Mary wife 27 yrs b Ireland
Elizabeth 3 yrs b Liverpool

Michael Power 62 yrs widower Cooper b Ireland

They are possibly living in Sumner Street - poor writing-  and young Elizabeth has been transcribed as the daughter of the householder - Elizabeth Mercer but she is clearly a Davies.

What makes it really interesting, is that yesterday, I was searching for a Robert Power who married a Mary Ann Davies. Thy had a child with a godparent Maria Davies.I found Robert as son to Michael Power.
If you recall, there is mention of a Mary Ann Power as a godparent.

In 1861 2654/ 266/ 16
Michael and Catherine Power have a daughter and grandson
Mary Dunnion 20 yrs b 1821 Ireland
Michel J Dunnion 2 yrs b Liverpool

Also there is a son to M and C
Robert  Power son 16 yrs

Birth 1859 Michael J Denion
Death 1862 Michael Dunnion

Because of discrepancies with Mary's age and place of birth etc i was going to have another look today before posting this.

I will now let you peruse this and see what you think. In the searching yesterday there is quit a bit of difficult spelling/Latin and mis transcribing  but I couldn't spot a Dunnion marriage.

Regards
Heywood

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 02 July 13 10:02 BST (UK) »
Don`t know any Dunnion families in Garston area - but I do know a Denion family
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 02 July 13 10:06 BST (UK) »
This was one example of difficulty:

Baptism Our Lady of Reconciliation De La Salette November 1859
Michael Joannes Demion  parents Joannes Demion and Mary Pavier
Name has been changed to Dunion in register and it should read Power