Author Topic: William Wilson of Eastwood Nottingham  (Read 10013 times)

Offline Charm3d

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Wilson of Eastwood Nottingham
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 08 August 13 19:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone,

I have been talking to family members and they insist that William should have been born a "Teather".  It looks like his parents could have been "Alice Mabel Wilson" and "George Herbert Teather".  I don't understand why he didn't live with them though.  He would have been born out of wedlock and "Alice" would have been around 17 years old when she had him. 

I can't prove any of this, yet, I will have to keep digging.  It doesn't help when elder relatives refuse to give info.

Thank you so much for all of your help.  I am going to have to order certificates at some point.  I know that won't guarantee the Fathers name but it will ensure his Mothers.

:) :)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 09 August 13 14:34 BST (UK) »
You are right, I do need certificates to clarify everything.  I do have William down as living with Grandparents (Edward Limb and Elizabeth 1901 Census), Also have  the same George Wilson that she was previously married to before he died. It says that her maiden name was Guiler and she married George in June 1874, registered at Basford 7b 241.

Marriage Kimberley Holy Trinity
25-5-1874 George Wilson and Elizabeth Guiler.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline Charm3d

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 10 August 15 23:48 BST (UK) »
I now have the birth certificate for William.  So I know who his mother was but the father is listed as unknown.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 16:29 BST (UK) »
You say in an earlier post that you have the details of  William Wilson's marriage.Marriage certificate hopefully.
Is a father for William mentioned on there? Or left blank?
The fact that William was living with his grandparents, makes me think Mr Teather was not his father.
My great great grandmother M.C ,had an illegitimate daughter,my gt grandmother, who lived with M.Cs parents as their child. M.C married the following year, and named her second child the same as her illegitimate one! My gt grandmother married naming her grandfather as father on her marriage certificate.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 16:32 BST (UK) »
http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/localities.britisles.england.ntt.general/7448/mb.ashx

Just found this......
Seems Alice had very little to do with her first child.