Author Topic: Sherrard's buried in Mallusk Cemetery  (Read 5792 times)

Offline rittrock

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sherrard's buried in Mallusk Cemetery
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 July 13 22:14 BST (UK) »
Edward Cordner (farmer) and John H Sherrard (manufacturer) were granted probate for Andrew Hill (Ballyhenry farmer), my distant relative, who died in 1917. Andrew left £100 to his niece Mrs Elizabeth Sherrard formerly of Lisburn Road Belfast, and £10 to Andrew Sherrard son of Elizabeth Sherrard.
Any link?

Offline lunapunk5588

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 July 13 19:45 BST (UK) »
Edward Cordner (farmer) and John H Sherrard (manufacturer) were granted probate for Andrew Hill (Ballyhenry farmer), my distant relative, who died in 1917. Andrew left £100 to his niece Mrs Elizabeth Sherrard formerly of Lisburn Road Belfast, and £10 to Andrew Sherrard son of Elizabeth Sherrard.
Any link?

Hi rittrock

I am still researching into the Sherrard Family it is a slow process but if I find a link I will let you known :)

Lynette

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 July 13 19:02 BST (UK) »
Lyn

I can not find any link with my Sherrards I am afraid…sorry.

Rit

Do you know how Mrs Elizabeth Sherrard could be a niece to Andrew and is this the wife of John H
....?
And if you do know ...do you know who Elizabeth's parents are.

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rittrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 30 July 13 21:56 BST (UK) »
So far I find no child Elizabeth of any of Andrew's siblings, but a strong hint in the 1911 census is John H(ouston?) Sherrard (40), a draper, of 1 Lisburn Road, St George's. Elizabeth Sherrard (40) is John's wife. They are 13 years married; daughter Catherine L(yle?) Sherrard; son Andrew H(ill?) Sherrard.

I think Catherine Lyle (younger sister of Andrew Hill's wife Janet) married Samuel Morrow; and their daughter Elizabeth - Andrew's "niece" in informal usage - married John Sherrard. This fits but needs some checking in Carnmoney records (and I'm not local). And it may not answer the original question - sorry if I've wandered from it.

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 30 July 13 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,
   1897 John Houston Sherrard married Elizabeth Morrow in Carnmoney Presbyterian Church. The fathers' names were Andrew Sherrard and Samuel Morrow.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline rittrock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 30 July 13 23:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks (and apologies again for diverting the thread - this might not help Lynette much)

If this explanation of the loose use of "niece" is correct, then I have the links Andrew Hill - Lyle - Morrow - Sherrard; and presumably the puzzling "Hill Morrow" (who gets a clock and £50 in Andrew's will) is Agnes Hill Morrow (born 1883).

Next there should be a Sherrard link to Houston, a well-known Carnmoney farming name.

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 27 August 13 20:30 BST (UK) »
Lynn

I have physical gone round each headstone in Mallusk and did not find them....sorry.....lots of plots in the new area do not have headstones.

Not sure if there is a record some where on who is buried in the newer areas.

Steve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Msj47

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 03 October 13 17:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Lynette

I am William Sherrards  oldest son. Both my grandparents are buried in Mallusk cemetery I have a photo of my grandfather standing beside my grandmothers grave. My grandmother  Dorothy died in 1943/4 and grandfather James dies 1946.
There were four brothers not three the one left out is James Jim....merchant navy died at sea 1970s
Hope this helps.

Offline American Patrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 02 May 23 17:42 BST (UK) »
I have photos of John Houston Sherrad of 16b Wellesley Avenue
his family and other Sherrards. I took them out of a skip in Bangor Co. Down on Monday the 1st May. They belonged to his granddaughter Maire Browne daughter of Dora Sherrard. I placed a post on the "UTV (ULSTER TELEVISION)! on Facebook" group page as Maire was a member of that group.