Author Topic: Accident 1912  (Read 2732 times)

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
Accident 1912
« on: Friday 05 July 13 06:06 BST (UK) »
I have been searching for an obitury or coroners report for an accident involving a horse and cart which led to the death of Ernest Walter Warwick.  The death was registered at Royston Sept 1912.

Ernest Walter was born at Albury in 1895, so was 17 years old at the time of the accident.

I have searched HALS etc but have not come up with anything.

Is anyone able to help?

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Accident 1912
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 July 13 08:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,

The death certificate will give the name of the coroner if there was an inquest; you could then contact the county archives and ask if they hold records for that coroner.

Contact details here:

http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/leisculture/heritage1/hals/

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 July 13 09:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that Nanny Jan.

I havn't got the death certificate as he is a Great Uncle.  I think that may be the way to pursue it.

Steve
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline GuyMassey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 July 13 10:35 BST (UK) »
If you know the where and when, try searching the local newspaper archives. I did that when all else had failed and found an amazing amount of detail for my great grandfathers fatal accident (see the thread "Buried deep" under Graveyards and Gravestones on this site, I posted a transcript there.)
Good luck!
Massey (London, Woking, Teignmouth), Massie (Banff, Aberdeen - Scotland) Sullivan, O'Sullivan (Kanturk Ireland, London, Woolwich) Mactaggart (Montrose, Angus, Scotland, Singapore), Thornhill (Surrey), Lyall, Walsh, Linehan, Holland, Langton, Armstrong.

Offline miriamkinga

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Kingston Goater 1853-1920
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 July 13 12:33 BST (UK) »
Have had a quick look in the newspapers but can't see anything - sorry  :(
GOATER, LAN, ALL
BOURKE, MAYO/ LAN
LONERGAN, TIP
McGREAL, MAYO
FLAHERTY, GALWAY/ ALL
HOUGH, LAN/ ALL

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 July 13 13:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you both for that.

Steve