Author Topic: Howe Green  (Read 4236 times)

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Howe Green
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 July 13 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

"via seax"?
Is that a pay site?

Or was that via PM?

Want to give us an insight into where you found him?
Helps us to find closure too.  :)

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 08 July 13 20:14 BST (UK) »
1851 in Bayford: Class: HO107; Piece: 1711; Folio: 474; Page: 11
1861 in Little Berkhamstead: Class: RG 9; Piece: 824; Folio: 140; Page: 11
1871 in Edmonton, Middlesex: Class: RG10; Piece: 1341; Folio: 172; Page: 2 (says born Chingford!)
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 08:44 BST (UK) »
SEAX is the Essex Record Office website - a lot of stuff can be viewed online on payment of a small subscription to "Essex Ancestors", I understand you pay for a day/week/month/year type of set-up.
It is really good. Also has on it (no subscription needed) the index of all that is held at the Essex Record Office, and if you are visiting you can order in advance, or at least sort out in your mind what you want to try and look at whilst there. At the record office the whole website is available free.
It is a great resource if you have Essex ancestors at all. And the Essex RO is a great RO - the best by far I have been to!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 11:03 BST (UK) »
Hi lizdb

A little like HALS Names Online for 'Erts

ta very much!

Ray

"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

Offline suey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The light is on but there's no-one at home!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 12:34 BST (UK) »

SEAX is the Essex Record Office website - a lot of stuff can be viewed online on payment of a small subscription to "Essex Ancestors", I understand you pay for a day/week/month/year type of set-up.
It is really good. Also has on it (no subscription needed) the index of all that is held at the Essex Record Office, and if you are visiting you can order in advance, or at least sort out in your mind what you want to try and look at whilst there. At the record office the whole website is available free.
It is a great resource if you have Essex ancestors at all. And the Essex RO is a great RO - the best by far I have been to!

Thanks for replies everyone,

I sometimes think the more you look the less you see. 

I'd been looking at that William but because he couldn't make up his mind where he was born and I  couldn't find birth or marriage records free online I bought a sub to seax. 
I had a family that I thought he might fit into (John and Nancy m c1800) but until I found his baptism in Stanstead Mountfitchet (1861 census) with the parents John and nancy I coudn't prove that he was one of mine.

So far for me the sub to Seax has been worthwhile as I now have this family back to c1750 and still working backwards.   
Also you can take subs in small bites, you don't have to take a full year.

Suey
All census lookups are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Sussex - Knapp. Nailard. Potten. Coleman. Pomfrey. Carter. Picknell
Greenwich/Woolwich. - Clowting. Davis. Kitts. Ferguson. Lowther. Carvalho. Pressman. Redknap. Argent.
Hertfordshire - Sturgeon. Bird. Rule. Claxton. Taylor. Braggins

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 12:58 BST (UK) »
Hi

"I had a family that I thought he might fit into (John and Nancy m c1800) but until I found his baptism in Stanstead Mountfitchet (1861 census) with the parents John and nancy I coudn't prove that he was one of mine."

Aha!
That's the way.

Ta!

Ray