Author Topic: Chapman of North Marston and Haddenham  (Read 7333 times)

Offline rwindsor2905

• RootsChat Extra
  • Descendants of John Chapman of North Marston
    • View Profile
Re: Chapman of North Marston and Haddenham
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 July 13 12:06 BST (UK) »
I have ordered a few certificates and searches... so until I receive them, I will be waiting patiently...

tap.. tap.. tap..
Chapman from Haddenham to North Marston, Buckinghamshire; Bradwin in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire; Cox in  Haddenham, Buckinghamshire and may be more Haddenham families as I make my journey back in time :)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 July 13 14:41 BST (UK) »
In the mean time........Thomas(c1806. Bucks) & Eliza Bradwin(c1801. Middx. London) are in Cuddington, Bucks, in the 1841 census.  As Ann Bradwin is more consistant with Cuddington as her p.o.b, I would guess she was born there, and not Emmington.  Even though it appears that her son Gaius Chapman was.

Gaius Chapman appears to have died, 28 July 1950, @ 9, Station Road, Winslow, Bucks.  £23,341, 14 shillings, to Meyrick Chapman(Farmer) and Walter Chapman(Retired Bank Manager).  According to Probate.

Gaius Chapman marries a Catherine Mary Hinton in 1880. Islington, London.   She appears to be born c1848. East Claydon, near Winslow, Bucks.
Their son Mayrick Chapman, was born c.1887. Cannonbury, London.  And he's a farmer in 1911, @ Little Horwood, Nr. Winslow.   

Gaius Chapman, appears to have remarried a Mary Elizabeth Young, c1868. ? ?.   And according to the 1911 census, they've been married 2 years.   Married 1909. Winslow district.

First wife, Catherine Mary Chapman, dies in 1902, Winslow district.

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 July 13 14:40 BST (UK) »
John Chapman(c.1821. Cuddington(Haddenaham), was buried 28 Apr 1899 @ North Marston. aged 78. ;D

I'm with you now. ;) :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.

Offline rwindsor2905

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 July 13 11:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks all...

Thinks my certificates are having swimming lessons in preparation to travel Down Under...
Chapman from Haddenham to North Marston, Buckinghamshire; Bradwin in Haddenham, Buckinghamshire; Cox in  Haddenham, Buckinghamshire and may be more Haddenham families as I make my journey back in time :)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 26 July 13 22:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks all...

Thinks my certificates are having swimming lessons in preparation to travel Down Under...

The certs will take about 3 weeks to get to you from England.  So be patient. ;D

Offline rwindsor2905

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 08:58 BST (UK) »
For those interested, the marriage certificate of John Chapman to Ann Bradwin arrived today.

It confirms that John and Ann were married 24 July 1845 at St Clements Parish Church in Oxford.  John gives his occupation as bricklayer, and the fathers are named as Joseph Chapman, bricklayer and Thomas Bradwin, corn dealer.

Now, back to the drawing board...

Offline rwindsor2905

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 09:51 BST (UK) »
And as I double check information, and view census data, I discovered that my information for the 1851 census at the time was not correct.  John and Ann were at Towns End, Haddenham [not Towers End, Aylesbury, but I can see where the confusion lies as Haddenham was in the registration district of Aylesbury], and John was still at that stage, a bricklayer.

Being able to view the actual page is wonderful. 

Goes off singing... "making a list, and checking it twice"...

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 10:53 BST (UK) »
1841 census, shows John Chapman, with possible parents of Joseph(c1801) & Rebecca(c1801) Chapman.  Living at Church End, Haddenham.

Joseph Chapman is a builder.  So that ties in with being a Bricklayer.

Just above them in the census, is a Richard Chapman(c1771), a pauper.  Could be a relative I guess. ;)

Steve. :)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 04 August 13 11:36 BST (UK) »
A query.

1891 census Church End Haddenham

John Chapman   72 born Haddenham general labourer
Caroline Chapman   64 wife born Haddenham
Ruth Chapman   25 daughter born London.

Cannot find this gent in any other census at the moment but at first glimpse I would have said this was Joseph and Rebecca's son which doesn't tie in with your information.

Gill
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)