Author Topic: Tildesley in Rhosneigr  (Read 12467 times)

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tildesley in Rhosneigr
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 18 July 13 22:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Roger,
                      There we are; my entry for the Tildesley branch is more or less complete with those dates. My thanks for your work in solving some of the riddles.
                              regards from Sweden. Peter
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tildesley in Rhosneigr
« Reply #19 on: Monday 10 October 22 18:58 BST (UK) »
News flash. Anita and her husband changed their name from Thomas to Tregarnedd. She became a painter, poet and author. The name change was made in 1928 and I couldn't fathom out why the change. I was recently informed that both sons, whilst serving in the 1st WW were found guilty of homosexual offences.  As both brothers were well know among the hoy-polloy of Bloomsbury, ( one was a lawyer in Windsor and the other owned a Blouse and Garment company) then Anita would distance herself from her brothers by changing her name. Just a guess though. The 1911 shows the boys at Rhosneigr with two other gents, one a Turk and aother, Noel Scovell, the son of Major General Edmund Scovell.
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.