Author Topic: Tildesley in Rhosneigr  (Read 12466 times)

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tildesley in Rhosneigr
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 20:21 BST (UK) »
You were correct in the name, "Anita", Roger. I have now located her and her husband in the 1911 census.
They were staying at a hotel in South Kensington. Their places of birth and ages are an exact match.
 George Henry Thomas is described as, "Ship owner"
                                                                             Peter.
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 20:41 BST (UK) »
Haven't really found anything further on Anita and her husband,other than that he was excluded as an executor and trustee to his father's will by a codicil,but I suspect you know that.

Regards
Roger

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 22:13 BST (UK) »
Yes, I knew about the codicil. I always thought that an executor to a will couldn't inherit from that will. The remaining Trustees could vote to pass funds to George if they wished. I wonder what happened to make his father exclude him ... the involvement of a Turkish belly-dancer would spice up my family tree no end.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 22:17 BST (UK) »
I think it's witnesses to a will who can't inherit.

Regards
Roger

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 22:43 BST (UK) »
Just had a look at my will. The notes say that an executor can't inherit, (You're right about the witnesses), they just administer the wishes of the will and distribute property etc. Generally, the seriously rich, rather than give all to their inheritors, thus incurring heavy taxes, set up a trust so that the money is given out bit by bit, without paying too much tax.
I notice that in the 1911 census for Jeanette and Henry, at Rhosneigr, are two shadowy figures named John Noel Scovell, aged 34 of Belgravia, London, and Hussein Sabry, aged 19,...a Turk!

Offline dragonT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 18 July 13 12:13 BST (UK) »
Some Tildesley/Tyldesley references in Anglesey BMD records -
Deaths:
Ada Mary Tildesley, age 84, on 5 Jan 1943 at Tanycoed, Llandegfan. Dau. of ironmaster George Frederick Tildesley. Informant G. Tildesley, nephew, of the same address.

Herbert Howard Tildesley, 73, 10 Jul 1925 at Red Wharf Bay, Llanbedrgoch. (Resident, of independent means, of Benllech). Informant R. Gordon Roberts, Deputy Coroner of Anglesey (perhaps drowning?).

Matthew Herbert Tildesley, 76, 31 Jul 1935 at Frondirion, Amlwch (no rank/profession given). Informant Hugh Tildesley, son, of 163 Stringes Lane, Willenhall, Staffs.

Priscilla Tildesley, 82, 22 Feb 1911 at Ivy Cottage, Llanfaelog. Widow of George Tildesley, of independent means. Informant George Richard Tildesley, grandson (address not transcribed).

Annie Owen, 64, 22 Jul 1907 at Llangefni. Widow of surgeon Owen Elias Owen. Informant Anita L. Tyldesley, niece, Llangefni.

There seems to be no record for the death of Henry Fletcher Tildesley on Anglesey.

Marriage:
On 9 Oct 1907 at Llangefni Church between George Henry Thomas, 36, bachelor, ship owner of Park Mount, Sefton Park, Liverpool, son of William Thomas, ship owner & broker and Anita Elizabeth Tyldesley, 19, spinster of Glanseber (?), Llangefni, dau of Henry Fletcher Tyldesley, civil engineer.

I can find no Tildesley/Tyldesley births, but can confirm that Janet Margaret Richards was born 16 Aug 1853 at Llechcynfarwy, dau of Robert Richards and Elizabeth Owens.

Anglesey - Thomas:
Bodedern, Heneglwys, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Jones:
Llanfaethlu, Llanfair-yn-Neubwll, Rhoscolyn.
Anglesey - Parry:Llanfair-yn-Neubwll.
Anglesey - Lewis:Llanbadrig.
Anglesey - Willins & Tyran/Tyrer

Caernarvonshire - Evans and Lewis:Llanberis.

Denbighshire - Jenkins:Llandynan, Llantysilio, Cerrigydrudion.
Denbighshire - Jones:Rhos, Ruabon.
Denbighshire - Jones:Henllan

Flintshire - Mathews:Northop

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 18 July 13 20:00 BST (UK) »
Many thanks DragonT,
                                   That's quite a lot of information; it confirms and corrects some of the details that I have on my tree and here are some of my observations.
Jeannet, (Various spellings), was Richards, was the daughter of Robert Richards, son of Rev. John Richards of Llanerchymedd. Robert was a Pharmacist with premises at High St, Llecynfarwy. The shop was next-door to the Bull Inn, owned by John Jones and his wife Harriet. Harriet was the daughter of Michael Richards of Parciau, son of the Rev. Richards.
Annie Owen, was Richards, was Jeannet's sister. She was married (1st) to Hugh Davies-Griffith, of Caerhun. Then married (2nd) Surgeon Owen Elias Owen, JP of Glan -Aber, Llangefni. He died 1893.
In the 1901 census, two of the Tildesley daughters lived at Glan-Aber, Ada, and Georgina. From what you report, Anita also lived at  Glan-Aber, marrying from there just 3 months after Annie died. George's address is that of his father, the shipowner, William Thomas, originally of Llanrhyddlad.
Ivy Cottage, Rhosneigr, shown as Priscilla's home when she died in 1911, must have stayed in the family as the two sons of Henry Fletcher were registering it in 1943.
 I wonder what happened to Henry Fletcher! I have no death-date for Jeannet either although I know that some of the Tildesleys are buried in the grave of Annie and Surgeon Owen at Llangefni.
Emyr Richards of Gwalchmai is in the process of cleaning and photographing the monument to the Owens in Llangefni and that may provide the missing death-dates.
                 Once again, thanks for the input.
                                                                  Peter

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 18 July 13 20:15 BST (UK) »
I missed something ...
My Notes.
  "In 1939 there is an entry in the London Gazette between G.H.R. Tildesley, of Vernon House, Bloomsbury Square, WC1, and his brother, W.A.F.Tildesley, regarding the Land Registry of the property, Tan-y-coed, Llandegfan. Tan-y-coed is a large house built on the banks of the Menai Straits). "
Ada was there when she died, (1943) so too was George Henry Richards Tildesley, her nephew.

peter

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 18 July 13 22:02 BST (UK) »
Henry Fletcher died 30/3/1920,Middlesex and Jeanette Margaret,13/1/1931 in Buckinghamshire

Regards
Roger