Author Topic: Catfield Church brass plaque missing  (Read 918 times)

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 9 brig. Royal Fusiliers War Diary (large portion)
    • View Profile
Catfield Church brass plaque missing
« on: Monday 19 January 09 14:07 GMT (UK) »
I know I am replying to a very old message but this seemed the best place for the following.

Last year I visited Catfield Church in Catfield, Norfolk (I had been there when I was younger with my mother to look at the graveyard) and was so disappointed to see it is disused and the graveyard is totally overgrown - you need a panga and protected clothing to get to the gravestones.    The sad thing is that last time I was there, on the wall was a brass plaque to a previous Churchwarden, Francis Baldwin - this was no longer there.   Where does one go to find this sort of thing that was once in a church and where can one find a list of the burials in that churchyard (I have to admit I did get some pictures last year whilst burrowing through the undergrowth with the help of my husband).

I have tried to attach a picture of how the church was many years ago but suspect I have not succeeded.

Sue

ANDERSON (Kings Lynn, Norfolk) BREWER (Somerset) BALDWIN (Catfield, Norfolk) CRONSHAW(Accrington, Lancs) DEAN (Accrington, Lancs) FOSTER, FORSTER (Astbury, Cheshire AND Canada AND U.S.A.) BRIGHT (London) ROWLAND (Essex and Hampshire) SEWARD (Petersfield, Hampshire) BAILEY/ BROWN (Biddulph, Staffordshire)