Author Topic: Webb family photographs  (Read 980 times)

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Webb family photographs
« on: Monday 15 July 13 19:25 BST (UK) »
I am trying to identify a collection of about 68 images from a photo album given by the swimmer Matthew Webb(1848-1883) to the swimmer John Pearson Luker in 1875. I have been able to identify some photos of the Luker family and some other non Webb images but apart from photos of Matthew Webb the swimmer, I have not had any success with images of other Webbs. Cant find any family trees with photos of family members but I have seen lots of lists of names,dates etc of all the relatives of Matthew Webb.Also cant find any Webb photos on the internet except for Matthew.

If there are any Webb family decendents with photos of Webb's born before 1875 please reply and let me know what you have.

Online Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Webb family photographs
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 July 13 19:48 BST (UK) »
If you haven't already done so, it might be worth checking the Surname Interests Table (SIT), to see whether others are researching this family - you could also list them there under your own surname interests. 

The SIT can be found at http://surname.rootschat.com/ , there is a link to it under "Your Tools" at the bottom of each Rootschat page.

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk