Author Topic: Marriage - Christopher Robinson to Alice Scott - Gateshead, Durham 12 June 1847  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Scottsearcher

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi

Would anyone have the time, please, to look up this marriage in the Record Office? I've got the details above from the IGI but no more details than those given in the subject. I am particularly interested to know whether Alice is a widow and whether, if she is, the name of her first husband is given. If it's the same Alice that I've found in the 1841 census (as widow) her age is given as 25 so with the rounding down she could be up to 36 years old at her marriage if her age is given.

Many, many thanks in anticipation

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage - Christopher Robinson to Alice Scott - Gateshead, Durham 12 June 1847
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 July 13 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi

The Gateshead RD covered a number of areas so without knowing which church it took place in - it could be a time consuming task.  Unfortunately it doesn't appear on the Gateshead BMD site which would have given the church

http://online.gateshead.gov.uk/bmd/

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/gateshead.html
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Scottsearcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage - Christopher Robinson to Alice Scott - Gateshead, Durham 12 June 1847
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 July 13 22:09 BST (UK) »
Thanks, CaroleW.

I think I've found Alice's first marriage to Mark Scott, which somewhat closes some doors with regards to one of her children being our ancestor.

Marriages, Sunderland District
Record Number: 244857.1
Church: St. Michael & All Angels
Denomination: Anglican
5 Feb 1831 Mark Scott, of this parish married Alice Frost, of this parish, by banns
Witnesses:  William Oliver, J. Donnison

I'll try the IGI on fiche down at the Archives for the Robinson marriage - much easier to use for this task!

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 July 13 22:11 BST (UK) »
The Gateshead RD covered a number of areas so without knowing which church it took place in - it could be a time consuming task. 

Hi Carole  :)

The IGI entry for this marriage https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NLCB-6ZJ quotes several films numbers, which can be searched in the Family History Library Catalogue.

They suggest that the marriage took place at Gateshead Parish Church, which was St Mary's.

Scottsearcher, if no one gets there before me I'll take a look next time I'm at Tyne & Wear Archives (but I can't say at the moment when that will be, I'm afraid).
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Scottsearcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thank you very much, JenB