Author Topic: Andrew wylie  (Read 15080 times)

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew wylie
« Reply #27 on: Friday 16 June 23 02:57 BST (UK) »
I'm a bit confused with your response?
Quote;
ROBERT Wylie Chr 09 March 1823,
If Robert was first born then Alexander's Church  of Scotland record is wrong it says Alex 1st Agnes the 2nd.
 What do you think. It looks good but maybe Janet in this Alex was married to another  woman called JeanClark?

From Familysearch we have to ALEXANDER and JANET nee Clark Born/Christened Neilston, Renfrew:
ALEXANDER 1795
GRIZEL 1797
GRIZEL 1800
JEAN 1802
ANDREW 1804
HUGH 1806
ELIZABETH 1809
JOHN 1812
JOHN 1814
DAVID 1816
(F/S)                                                       

From what I can see their last Child was ROBERT 1823, Mother is  Jean which is a another version of Janet.
Census seems to back this up in 1841where Alexnader/Janet/Robert are together and in 1851 Janet is likely Widowed.
Have you looked at the Census images on Scotlandspeople?
Looked for a Death for them on there?

Trish :)
hi there just found my way back to this site lost the link... Yes the list you gave is the right Andrew born 1804. I can not connect Robert born 1823 as Andrew and Agnes Pollock Wylie's son? The Church of Scotland has Alexander 1826 then Agnes as 2nd child. So Robert isn't theirs ...I will try to look at Scotlandspeople I have had no luck previously...

Offline bluenoser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew wylie
« Reply #28 on: Friday 16 June 23 03:00 BST (UK) »
www.whatsinaname.net records Grace as a

derivative of Grizel.

HTH

Joy
  yes Grace was only 20 not married when she dies in Pictou County. She is on Andrew and Agnes headstone in Duff Cementery.