Author Topic: Belgium Forename Variations  (Read 5906 times)

Offline TheBanana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium Forename Variations
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 01 August 13 19:29 BST (UK) »
I still haven't a reply yet, maybe I should have translated it in Belgium?
But otherwise, for now until I can clarify it 100%, do you think I should go along with the record(s) you have shared as it is most likely the correct one?

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 01 August 13 23:39 BST (UK) »
No that's ok, it would surprise me if they did not understand english.
Maybe you can email the chairman - administrator of this website, he has put a lot online about Boom. Altough it is a bit confusing because there are several links to this site, older versions of it, I think.

http://www.tenboome.webruimtehosting.net/IIZludr/node/4     (Historical Study Group Ten Boome) click on "Bestuur" (top left) it's the first email address

Noeveren was a hamlet of Boom, one of the most important industries there were brick factories. To view pictures of Noeveren, click on "Focus op Noeveren" and then on the photo
http://www.tenboome.webruimtehosting.net/tenboome/

I have searched on Geneanet today and found Isidorus Mees on it. (another email option ?)
http://en.geneanet.org/search/?name=Mees&place=Boom&ressource=arbre  click on the second tree

It's still possible that it's the wrong Mees, it would be a shame for all the work you put into it when it is not your Jean frank. I would wait until you are sure.

Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline TheBanana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 02 August 13 19:38 BST (UK) »
Wow, thanks for the information and I will email the chairman.

You know a lot about Belgium!
Thanks for the links to those pictures too.

For the 3rd link, I was unable to notice an Isidorus in the list?

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 02 August 13 22:33 BST (UK) »
When you click on the second 'Tree icon" in the column "Type", you will get the Mees-page of this family tree. At n° 4 you find Isidorus (or Isidoor, ... ) As I understand is Maria Amelia Fleurackers (Isidoor's wife) a distant niece of the tree-owner's wife. You can send the owner a message via Geneanet but you need to register (Free) or email him.

Groetjes
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline TheBanana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 03 August 13 10:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the help. I will contact him.

I also mentioned Jean might have been from "Boom" to my Grampy and he said he recognises that name but always thought it was "Boon", that probably word-of-mouth and how he heard it. So we may be on the right track and I thank you heavily for it.

Offline TheBanana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 19:52 BST (UK) »
I haven't a reply from any at this time so I am unsure what step I should take next...

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 11:21 BST (UK) »
It's holiday season, perhaps that's the reason. However, it's only a week, you still can receive a reply.
I sent an email this morning to another address of the civil registry of Boom, we'll see.

So we have a Jean Frans Mees, an Isidor Mees, a brick maker, and now thanks to your Grampy, we have Boom (Boom sounds as home, with a B instead of the H of course, or as bone, ....). It should be him, but still a confirmation from the civil registry would be great.

groetjes

Offline TheBanana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 19:17 BST (UK) »
Yes true. Ok Thanks for all your help on this topic. It has been great!

Offline TheBanana

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 09 August 13 14:26 BST (UK) »
I am also wondering, how would I find a travel record for Joannes (Jean). I "found" a supposed record of him going to South Africa. But the dates do not add up so would I be able to find a record of him landing in the UK?