Author Topic: McKenna look up...  (Read 7428 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McKenna look up...
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 August 13 09:51 BST (UK) »
This could possibly be Margaret Ann KENNEY.

Electoral Roll
KENNEY, Margaret
Address- 164 Racecourse Rd. Flemington. Draper.

No others of the surname are with her.

Flemington was in the Electoral District of Melbourne Ports, her place of death as you have noted.

I have not seen any children for John and Margaret Ann KENNEY.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Denise McKenna

• RootsChat Member
  • V K Quinn [ My Dad ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 19 August 13 04:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,
I will email you the death certificate for William MCKENNA for you to view the childrens names listed.

We have the death details for his wife Margaret McKenna nee REA / RAY / RAE, however we have not purchased her death certificate at this stage.

William MCKENNA
d: 06.01.1883 Emerald Hill Vic
reg: 1268
Buried Melbourne General Cemetery
Parents Unknown

Margaret REA / RAY / RAE
d: 1902
reg: 10812
Buried Melbourne General Cemetery 02.08.1902
father: David Rae
mother: Mary Tynan

Still trying to locate the marriage certificate / date of William & Margaret McKenna nee REA / RAY / RAE marriage. We believe it may have been in Ireland. Not known if he or she were previously married.

RE: Don't know who Miss McKenna is. Listed as Adult. Miss McKenna on the passenger list we believe to be Margaret Ann. I was told when a female child turns 12 years old they were classed as Miss [adult] back then!?

Thank you for FLAHERTY James death details. So he did die in WA! Will now be able to make a note of that.

Thanks you also for Electoral Roll details of Margaret Ann Kenney. That is just great!  : - ) Not having her death certificate at this stage we too are not sure if she and John KENNEY had children.

Many thanks Sue for all your help in helping me with my queries.  : - ) Best wishes Denise.
My residence is Melbourne, Victoria and I am researching...   Adams - Begnone - Broughan - Cook - Drew - Gager - Gardiner - Harris - Hodder - Hunt - Kennedy - McDonald - McInerney - McTaggart - Moiler - Neighbour - Quinn - Quinlan - Scilla - Scriven - Shepherd - Tourney - Whittle

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 19 August 13 08:37 BST (UK) »
Thank you for FLAHERTY James death details. So he did die in WA! Will now be able to make a note of that.

Thanks you also for Electoral Roll details of Margaret Ann Kenney. That is just great!  : - ) Not having her death certificate at this stage we too are not sure if she and John KENNEY had children.

I feel I must just add a little note of caution here ;D

Without purchasing the James FLAHERTY death certificate, you cannot be quite certain it is the right man.

And, again, without the certificate of the Margaret FLAHERTY in Melbourne, you cannot be sure of her identity either.

Who was the informant on the certificate of William McKenna?

Have you been in contact with Melbourne General Cemetery? I think you may find a lot from their burial records as it would have been the logical Cemetery for a family at Carlton and the "patriarch" is interred there.

Sue

Offline Denise McKenna

• RootsChat Member
  • V K Quinn [ My Dad ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 19 August 13 14:05 BST (UK) »
Hello again!  : - )

RE:
I feel I must just add a little note of caution here
Without purchasing the James FLAHERTY death certificate, you cannot be quite certain it is the right man.
And, again, without the certificate of the Margaret FLAHERTY in Melbourne, you cannot be sure of her identity either.

I understand and in time we shall purchase the death certificates for both persons above. At times it becomes a little expensive, however, we indeed will as to confirm we have all correct and in order.  : - )

RE:
Who was the informant on the certificate of William McKenna?

The informant was his Daughter E McKenna = [Emma / Amy McKenna]

RE:
Have you been in contact with Melbourne General Cemetery? I think you may find a lot from their burial records as it would have been the logical Cemetery for a family at Carlton and the "patriarch" is interred there.

I emailed Melbourne General Cemetery just this moment to attain location details etc for William & Margaret McKenna. Thanks for prompting me to do so.

Once again thank you kindly Sue.

Best wishes, Denise.
My residence is Melbourne, Victoria and I am researching...   Adams - Begnone - Broughan - Cook - Drew - Gager - Gardiner - Harris - Hodder - Hunt - Kennedy - McDonald - McInerney - McTaggart - Moiler - Neighbour - Quinn - Quinlan - Scilla - Scriven - Shepherd - Tourney - Whittle

Offline Denise McKenna

• RootsChat Member
  • V K Quinn [ My Dad ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 20 August 13 01:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,
Just thought I'd share the following with you.
Best wishes, Denise.

Re:
Surname: MCKENNA
Given Names: Hubert Owen Michl
Event: D
Sex:
Spouse Surname/Father: Mckenna Jas
Spouse Gvn Names/Mother: Nellie BROWN
Age Code:
Birth Place:
Death Place: Melb S
Year: 1905

Dear Denise

Thanks for your enquiry into the late McKenna family I have found the following information.

LOCATION OF GRAVE ROMAN CATHOLIC COMPARTMENT Q GRAVE 432

PEOPLE IN GRAVE

WILLIAM MCKENNA DATE OF SERVICE 6/1/1883 AGE 57
MARGARET MCKENNA DATE OF SERVICE 2/8/1902 AGE 70
HERBERT O MCKENNA DATE OF SERVICE 10/7/1905

Regards, Briony Minehan Client Services Administrator Melbourne General Cemetery.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 20 August 13 09:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Denise,
Good that you have those burial details.

I feel there will be more of your people at Melb. General and, if it were me, I would be asking for a search for each of the people for whom you have a death date, including AGNES -who is not, by the way, interred at Ballarat.

Sometimes we find unexpected others buried at a site and that way discoveries and connections are made. George may even be there :D

Sue

Offline Joanny McKenna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re:Denise McKenna look up...
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 05:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Denise
I am Joanny McKenna great granddaughter of
William and Margaret McKenna.
William and Margaret were married on the Island of Guernsey
on 1852.
I obtained the information from Priaulx Library, Guernsey.
What is your connection with William McKenna?

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 08:02 BST (UK) »
There is a digitised will for William MCKENNA, saddler, of 31 Alfred St, Emerald Hill, d 6 Jan, 1883.

The Will was only made the day before his death and he leaves all to his wife Margaret MCKENNA (2 houses @29 and 31 Alfred St, part paid for)

prov.vic.gov.au/index_search?searchid=54

judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Joanny McKenna

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 01 May 14 02:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Judith thanks for the info I do have a copy of the will but
didn't realise, William made the will the day before he died or the
houses were part paid.
Thanks again Joanny