Author Topic: Wolverhampton mystery ... who was George Haycock's mother?!  (Read 14635 times)

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Wolverhampton mystery ... who was George Haycock's mother?!
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 11:59 BST (UK) »
Bum!  :(

Saying that I have just noticed that there is also a baptism 4.10.1863 at St Marks parents John and Senca? he's a manufacturer but cant find George or this couple on the census

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 14 August 13 13:02 BST (UK) »
Updates (from the 1871 census)

George Harper – still looking several candidates
George Probert – in Lancashire with his parents
George Stevenson – no sign but might be an alternative spelling
George Stokes – no sign
George Venables – with parents
George Wilkes – might be with parents year of birth given as 1864
George Bott – died later that year
George Hardwick – may have died 1864
George Hewitt – may have died 1864
George Lavender – died 1863
George Lesson – no sign
George Mason – probably the one with parents Edward and Mary
George Monger – with parents (mothers name is Maria but he died 1924 Wolverhampton)
George Mease – with parents spelt Meese
George Monk – with mother and grandmother
George Neal – with parents
George Platt – with parents
George Sankey – with mother Catherine
George Titley – died 1863
George Vaughan – died 1863
George Wedge – with parents
George White – cannot definitely say which one it is
George Whittingham – found on the 1881 census

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline TreeDigger

• RootsChat Senior
  • Lioessens church 12th/tower 15th century
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 19 August 13 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hey Willow  ;D

Sorry I couldn't cue you in sooner, we had several b-days this past week. George is actually listed as an 8-year old scholar living with father John at 18 Sweetman Str. during the 1871 census. So I'm sorry to say that all this work you're doing is for naught :-\

What still miffs me is the fact that on his merchant navy service papers it says that his parents are married. If they were, why can't we find the proof?! Unless George fibbed, but I'm not sure that was possible on these types of papers.

TD
Haycock (Liverpool, Wolverhampton, Oswestry); Rosewell (Shepperton); Wales/Whales (Thanet, Kent); Daborn (Chobham, Horsell); Prince and Powell (Liverpool area); Maxted and She(e)pwashe (Kent); Milo/Millot (France, Holland, England); genealogical research project on links to ancient Frisian aristocracy (Hofstra-Fynia-Tania). It keeps me off the streets ;)

Twenty years on this forum!

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 19 August 13 11:01 BST (UK) »
Bum!  :(

Saying that I have just noticed that there is also a baptism 4.10.1863 at St Marks parents John and Senca? he's a manufacturer but cant find George or this couple on the census

Willow x

So this might be his baptism and Maria is spelt wrong?

Willow x

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 19 August 13 11:39 BST (UK) »
Ignore that I found the couple in a later census

Willow x

Offline TreeDigger

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 19 August 13 14:45 BST (UK) »
Ugh ... those Haycocks  >:(
I just spoke with the General Registrars Office to try and find out where my father died. My uncle called in December 2011 but as the whole family had a falling out with each other, he couldn't even tell me where and when he died exactly. Just November 2011. Not registered in Hounslow (where he used to live) so possibly taken into care by his sister who - take a wild guess - doesn't even want to talk to me. Me being the "little skeleton in the closet" and all that *wicked grin*

Anyways, I now have to place an order to get his exact DoD. Pfff ... and people call me difficult!  :P

I am going to try and harass some other family members to see whether they can help steer us in the right direction. After all those years I am not giving up on George!

TD
Haycock (Liverpool, Wolverhampton, Oswestry); Rosewell (Shepperton); Wales/Whales (Thanet, Kent); Daborn (Chobham, Horsell); Prince and Powell (Liverpool area); Maxted and She(e)pwashe (Kent); Milo/Millot (France, Holland, England); genealogical research project on links to ancient Frisian aristocracy (Hofstra-Fynia-Tania). It keeps me off the streets ;)

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 19 August 13 14:54 BST (UK) »
I dont blame you! I just wonder why he wasnt registered  ???

I did wonder if he was a child of Sophia's and brought up as her brother but she would have only been 13 at the time

Willow x

Offline TreeDigger

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 19 August 13 15:14 BST (UK) »
I don't get it either. I mean, assuming (dangerous but still) that he didn't lie on his papers, then he was born in W'hampton on 24 december 1862. And on those service records it clearly states the name of his mother, Maria.

Add all that together and one should be able to find something ...

TD

Online Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Monday 19 August 13 15:21 BST (UK) »
Exactly!

Willow x