Author Topic: Find A Grave  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Heppy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Find A Grave
« on: Tuesday 06 August 13 07:22 BST (UK) »
Looking for the Grave of Hugh Hall Cochran, born 1805 and died 1879 but believe he is buried in Mount Jerome Cemetry ,Dublin.
Could anyone find this grave for me, and tell me about it.
I look forward to hearing from someone soon.
Regards,
Heppy
ANGUS, CASHELL, COCHRAN, COLLIER, DEACON, GODDEN, GRAHAM, MORRISON, TAIT, TACKABERRY, TRICKETT

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Find A Grave
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 19:07 BST (UK) »
There is a Civil Record in Dublin North for a death of Hugh Hall Cochran in 1879
Reference Dublin North Apr-Jun 1879 Volume 2 Page 455 aged 74

This should give his place of death (which may be a hospital or other location other than home), exact date and his occupation; the exact date would help in looking for the grave.

Mount Jerome's records are on micro film in Pearse Street Library but the staff in the cemetery office are quite good to look up records if you telephone with exact details.

This IPG site has photographed many headstones including in Mount Jerome; of course they may not be complete and unmarked graves are not included but there is no Hugh Cochran at present shown  LINK

Dublin North could possibly imply burial on the north of the city but there is no match in Glasnevin

There are also legal references to court cases in Co. Louth in 1857 of a Hugh H Cochran of North Strand, Dublin, two of the cases involved "watches given for repairs"; if this is the same man it would tie him to the north of the city rather than the south.
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline trelawn1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 19:28 BST (UK) »
I recently needed to find a grave in Mount Jerome so I emailed them with as much detail as I had and they got back to me in a day or two with the grave number. The email address is on their website.

Amy
Bolger, Saul, Dowd, Ennis, Doyle - Dublin
Shears/Sheers/Schehr - Dublin and Germany

Offline SHAZ131

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 04:46 BST (UK) »

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 08:25 BST (UK) »
The entry on this site seems to be someone looking for Hugh COCHRAN's burial rather than specific details.
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 10:32 BST (UK) »
I see that you have queries/posts on various different message boards looking for information on Hugh Cochran Hall- did you ever order his death certificate as was suggested in Oct.2012?
http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/surnames.cochran/3908/mb.ashx

Once you have an exact date of death it may be possible to find something helpful in a newspaper.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!