Author Topic: Llandrillo baptism lookup please!  (Read 11494 times)

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llandrillo baptism lookup please!
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 21:22 BST (UK) »
Do you think it's unlikely to be the same family of the Thomas Jones mentioned in the will?

He appears to have lived in Corwen but been from Llandrillo originally as he asks to be buried in the same grave as his father there - I think that marriage is perhaps unlikely if he was born ca.1741 as the burial record 15 Feb 1817 suggests, also as he would most likely have been 'of Llandrillo', but perhaps married in a different parish?

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 21:41 BST (UK) »
Do you have any info for the John Jones that has been mentioned born in 1781?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 22:21 BST (UK) »
The truth is I'd be delighted for any link to a John Jones who with his wife Mary had three children born in Glyndyfrdwy,Mary(1898),Margaret(1799) and John(1801).Needless to say perhaps that I am a direct descendant of the family!

Regards.
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 22:23 BST (UK) »
Assuming you are referring to the will of Thomas Jones,1817,Corwen,Gent - as I said could that possibly relate to a death of 1814(when the will was written)- Thomas Jones of Bonwm aged 87 ?
There is a Llandrillo 1726 record for Thomas Jones son of Edward and Margaret of Bodheulog,which might then tie in with the 1778 record cited by Deirdre784.

Regards
Roger

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 22:41 BST (UK) »
Roger thanks for your reply. I'm not sure that it is the correct man in the will anyway (as father to Thomas born 1776). There doesn't seem to be an Edward Jones born to him - I am expecting to see an Edward somewhere however as Thomas' (b.1776) son was called Edward. The most likely person is Thomas Jones of Plas Adda, Tre'r Ddol and his wife Catherine. Their Thomas however was born 1770 so too early for my ancestor. As per the 'William Jones grocer Corwen" thread I'm back to trying to find Thomas' parents!

WRJ,
The John Jones I have born 1781 was baptised in Trewyn, Corwen (which is out towards Glyndyfyrdwy way). His parents were Thomas and Margaret Jones. Did your John Jones marry in Glyndyfrywdy? I can look at the Corwen registers for a marriage if you think he may have married here. Also the John Jones did survive beyond infancy - they had a John Jones born 1772 who died later that year previously. As to their parents that's what I'm trying to work out for sure - at least I'm narrowing down possibilities.

In the Corwen parish registers there's the burial of a Thomas Jones in 1793 and the year later his wife Margaret. This is my last lead however looks unlikely as there was a Thomas and Margaret who had children in the parish ca. 1750 who have had no burial accounted for in the registers!

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 07 August 13 22:51 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure where John Jones and Mary married.With names like that it is pretty difficult to pinpoint a marriage!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 08 August 13 20:13 BST (UK) »
WRJ,

There's also a John Jones baptised 12 Sept 1780, son of John and Mary of Cwm, Carrog. In addition to the one I mentioned in 1781 (who I now think actually died in infancy also!), there's a John Jones baptised 4 Nov 1781 son of Richard and Catherine, (just) of Corwen. Carrog definitely is quite towards Glyndyfrydwy so perhaps this one is more likely? There aren't any convincing marriages in Corwen, the closest is between John Jones and Magdalen Thomas in 1797. Also in 1797 is John Jones and Margaret Beans, although I don't suppose either of them are particularly likely! There are quite a few on familysearch - a possible one in Wrexham 1797?

I've found another will now of Thomas Jones of Plas Newydd, Carrog, d.1829 - he had a son Thomas and there is an Edward Jones as a witness. There's a grandchild, Thomas Jones (son of John) who I notice from the 1851 census (if same family) was born ca.1820. I can't find a burial in Corwen however so perhaps it was in Carrog. Can anyone find his burial record for age at death? Would he have been born early enough for his son Thomas Jones to be born around 1776? I know this one's maybe unlikely again but a death in the 1820s would seem logical as their son returned for a brief period around that point.

There's also a will for Margaret Jones d.1826 Pen y Bryn, Mwstwr, Corwen - an apparent burial at this time suggests she was born ca.1745, so this could be possible also! If anyone can find her husband it would be a great help - can't find any other wills at Pen y Bryn except for Edward her son, I'd imagine. I'm trying to see if there's a Thomas Jones connected to this farm who might be her husband.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 08 August 13 20:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks,there may also be marriages for a John Jones and my Mary at Llangollen which is not that far away really.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 08 August 13 22:15 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure which burial relating to the Plas Newydd family you are l;ooking for.However I think the reference for 1841 is HO107  1428  3/5  4 where the head of household is Richard Jones(1766).He may of course not be the father or grandfather of Thomas/John.

Regards
Roger