Author Topic: Completed with Thanks - Sweden-Carl Erlandsson BERG  (Read 3566 times)

Offline chrissiecruiser

• RootsChat Senior
  • Dora Berg (12/5/1893-8/10/1916)
    • View Profile
Completed with Thanks - Sweden-Carl Erlandsson BERG
« on: Wednesday 07 August 13 08:16 BST (UK) »
Carl Erlandsson BERG of SWEDEN was my GGGrandfather and I have located his birth from Family Search Records. Born 18/3/1809, Batch No M407763, Source dates 1705-1854, Film No : 81576, Coll Det: Domkyrka, Svenska Krykan.  These records do not have any mention of his parents, and I was wondering how to trace them?
He married Johanna Bjorkman on 1/2/1842. His occupation was a Coppersmith.(taken from christening records of his son, Carl Wilhelm Berg.)
He died 8/9/1857 in Uppsala and was buried on the 10/9/1857.
I have been unable to find emigration records for Carl Wilhelm BERG . He emigrated to Australia prior to marrying here in 1873.
Any help would be much appreciated. :)
Cheers,
Chris Williams nee Berg
Berg - Uppsala, Sweden
Bissett - Scotland
Butler - Yorkshire
Butt - Dorset
Butterworth - Yorkshire
Cave - Somerset
Darby - Somerset
Grierson - Scotland
Kruger/Krueger - Prussia, Germany
Lecher - Cottbus, Brandenburg, Germany
Levick - Nottinghamshire, UK
Molde - Schleswig-Holstein, Denmark/Germany
Oram - Wiltshire & Somerset, UK
Randell - Devon, UK
Savren - Dorset, UK
Weilbach - Denmark & South Africa
Williams - Cornwall, UK

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: Sweden-Carl Erlandsson BERG
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 August 13 13:15 BST (UK) »
Hello Chris,
Just a quick reply for now via my iPad. Your ancestor Carl Erlandsson Berg was born 18/3/1809, baptised 19/3/1809, the son of Erland Carlsson Berg and his wife Christina. I can't make out her surname yet. I will post a couple of images later. Carl was born in Falun.
I use arkiv digital to search my Swedish roots, as it has much the same records as Ancestry, but the images are in colour, so easier on the eye.
Regarding your emigrant ancestor, I had the same problem myself. I could not find any record of my ancestors arrival in Australia, until I found him listed as a deserted seaman. That could be the case for you as well.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 August 13 03:02 BST (UK) »
Here are three images for you. I don't know if you already have this info. The first two are household examinations (similar to a census), and show that Carl and his family moved home within Uppsala, from St Pehr Gården to Svan Gården. The third image is for his death, showing he died of cholera.

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 10 August 13 03:07 BST (UK) »
And here is Carl Erlandsson Berg's birth and baptism.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 10 August 13 03:39 BST (UK) »
Carl Erlandsson Berg's mother is Christina Knifström.

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 06 February 14 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Chris
I noticed this thread too. How far have you got so far?

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 06 February 14 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have managed to find Carl Wilhelm Berg in the books. He went to Stockholm from Uppsala in 1863. Before that he was a student. He was a pupil of a "badaremästare".... barber "surgeon" in English I think. So this information would fit nicely in that he became a hairdresser in Australia.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 06 February 14 21:49 GMT (UK) »
I thought I would share this sailor C. Berg on the ship Vestalind (not W). It could be him. The date of joining the ship is 1866. I read that he joined the ship Parmier. I could not find any information supporting this. Anyway.....

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 11 February 14 12:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Found him......Carl Wilhelm Berg.

He was born in 1847 in Uppsala.
He joined ship in Gävle 1 Nov 1864.
He left ship in Adelaide 18 May 1865.
R=Rymd=Escaped=Jumped ship.
He was a deckhand.