Author Topic: Ruthin or Corwen?  (Read 17971 times)

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ruthin or Corwen?
« Reply #72 on: Monday 19 August 13 21:41 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this will work but I've found a family tree in Googlebooks for Goodman family:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=fgYrAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA185&lpg=PA185&dq=Robert+Goodman+Jones+rev.&source=bl&ots=G5HZ6FVYXi&sig=gdCBCLbesORddbWvUNud0__yM9A&hl=en&sa=X&ei=S4ISUr29IMez0QXfh4GwAQ&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Robert%20Goodman%20Jones%20rev.&f=false

It has Rev. Robert Goodman Jones, son of Richard Jones, son of John Jones, shoemaker of Ruthin!

John Jones is shown as marrying a Hannah Goodman! - it has quite a bit on the Goodman ancestry but unfortunately doesn't give anything more of John's than his name. What do you make of this?

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday 19 August 13 22:26 BST (UK) »
I have a Robert Goodman Jones,son of the Richard(corviser) and Mary,proposed as son of John the Elder(other siblings to follow) which would match that.It should be noted that in the Alumni of Oxford University he is given as son of John.His age via the date of matriculation coincides with the baptism to Richard and Mary-but I haven't started looking at his sibling John(1733) in case he had a son of the same name.

Regards
Roger

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Monday 19 August 13 23:02 BST (UK) »
Roger,

Many thanks for your help in finding this, I will look into it.

I've started a new thread here with more specific questions than first introduced on this thread: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=658348.new

Thank you very much for your all your help here, I really do appreciate it!

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Monday 19 August 13 23:06 BST (UK) »
This list should be treated with a little caution as there are some duplicate names and I haven't looked for intervening deaths that would explain this.A 25 year span of children for one family is not out of the question.
Mary(1754),John(1755),Robert Goodman(1758),Richard(1760),Hannah(1764),John(1766),Godfrey Goodman(1769),Henry(1772),Mary(1775),Maria(1779)

I will look further tomorrow

Regards
Roger

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Monday 19 August 13 23:14 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this Roger, very helpful!