Author Topic: Ann Williamson b1748  (Read 3226 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Williamson b1748
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 11:37 BST (UK) »
Debbie,
Before you try to use the Lincs to the Past website, do read the 'help' section, especially the part referring to parish registers. At the end of the PR section is a list of the correct names you need to search for parishes. e.g. the church in Spalding is spelt Nicolas, not Nicholas. 
To find the registers, click 'advanced search', and then enter the parish name followed by PAR 1 in the 'with the exact phrase' box. Scroll down the list to find the register with the relevant event(s) and dates - prior to 1754 (possibly later) you will usually only find 'General register' which has baptisms, marriages and burials all lumped in together. Click on the thumbnail, and then work your way through the register. If there are a lot of images then you can often do some fairly accurate guesstimates on the image number you need. e.g. if you have 20 images covering baptisms 1820 -1840, and you want a baptism circa 1830 then start on image number 10 or 11.

I think Pam already covered that for you! The only thing I would add is to be sure when you start your Advanced Search, you highlight 'Images' not 'Records' under 'Results Format' at the bottom of the search box.

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Williamson b1748
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 August 13 12:45 BST (UK) »
I may be simplistic but all I do is open the page, http://www.lincstothepast.com/ enter the place, then baptism/ marriage  or burial and Par. For instance
"Brant Broughton marriage Par."
Then it will bring up a list, with a picture of the book's by the side, double click on the book you want to open it and look at the pages. Bearing in mind the earlier books will be General and have all 3 events in them. With time you can guestimate where the entry date you want comes in the book. So saving searching the whole book. I do have the page open with a zoom of 200% so making it bigger. The older I get the worse my eyesight, and I need to be kind to myself!
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley