Author Topic: Roberts family from Llangernyw  (Read 1782 times)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts family from Llangernyw
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 August 13 19:51 BST (UK) »
we know they married on 1884 and we know the first child was in 1889 called Jane

That's not what they say, in their own handwriting, on the latest census?! ;D
1886/1887 is implied!

Have you checked FreeBMD for the marriage?
Or do you have the marriage certificate already?

Father's names will be on the certificate.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline SamuelJellicoe

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Roberts family from Llangernyw
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 01:17 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

The William and Margaret Williams mentioned are my 2nd great grandparents and I am having the same problem as lesleymt. I have found Census's for 1861, 1871 and 1881 which shows a Cadwaladr Roberts (b. 1813) as William's father, however I can not be sure that this is the correct William as his birthplace is Llanrwst and not Gwytherin or Llangernyw as in the 1891 census and later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Sam

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.