Author Topic: London PR look up please  (Read 823 times)

Offline cullen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
London PR look up please
« on: Saturday 17 August 13 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hi all

please if anyone has access to London PR's that cover St Luke for 1868 please could I ask for a couple of look up.

Baptism's  1868 St Luke for Augustus Richards and Elizabeth Richards.
Death's for the same two children except girl could be Emma again defiantly 1868 st Luke

Death 1868 St Luke.   Caroline Richards age 22.  I am crossing my fingers that she was the wife of Thomas James Richards and the two children were also theirs.
I have search for many years for what happened Caroline, I do know that she and Thomas James married 1867 St James, Shoreditch

Many thanks for any help

Cullen
Simmons/Simmonds -Sussex
Hall - Cuckfield, Sussex
Allen - Sussex
Glenister -Bucks
Allen - Bucks
Young - Bucks
Haynes - Clerkenwell/Shoreditch, Mddx & London
Cullen - Waterford, Ireland
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: London PR look up please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 August 13 16:20 BST (UK) »
Just in case you are feeling no-one's seen your post....

I have looked on the 2 main pay sites, freereg + family search [I expect you have done this already] with no success.

The births of Augustus 1868 Q1 St Luke 1b 721 & Elizabeth 1868 Q2 St Luke 1b 673 are registered in consecutive quarters, so very improbable to have the same mother. An Emma is registered St Luke 1867 Q4 1b 698.

Deaths St Luke of Augustus 1868 Q3 1b 485 age 0 & 2 Emmas [1] 1868 Q3 1b 446 age 0 [2] 1868 Q3 1b 495 age 1.

Marriage 1867 Q3 Shoreditch 1c 211.

You may have to resort to buying a birth certificate or two :( to confirm parents [which is probably why you have asked for help finding the baptisms].

Will keep looking.

Josey 
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline cullen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 August 13 17:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Josey
Many thanks for the reply.
Yes, I had checked main two plus freebmd, goodness knows what miracle I was hoping for.
I already have marriage cert for Caroline and Thomas James Richards, but after that the disappear for ever. I suddeny had a thought that maybe Caroline died in childbirth, perhaps even with twins as twins regularly appear in the family.
I have now bitten the bullet, loosened the purse strings and applied for two certs - the death of a Caroline Richards and Emma. I would have been very happy with PR's to confirm my 'theory' but alas not to be had at the moment.

Thank you
Simmons/Simmonds -Sussex
Hall - Cuckfield, Sussex
Allen - Sussex
Glenister -Bucks
Allen - Bucks
Young - Bucks

Offline anpefa1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 August 13 21:41 BST (UK) »
hello Cullen

I think you may have jumped the gun somewhat by applying for the death certs however, if you need lookups of London/middx parish registers post accordingly and see what happens.

tony
uk. beale, bateman, buss, bacon, pratt, purssell, reynolds, stamford, sumpter, sailsbury, turner, white nee phillips.
eire. carroll, connor, cronin, daly, fellowes, fitzgerald, gaynor, girvan, keogh, meade, moroney, reilly, whelan, white, winterlich.
scotland: mcavoy

Offline cullen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 18 August 13 17:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Tony

You might be right in jumping the gun, but I have failed to find any trace of Caroline [nee Haynes] and/or Thomas James Richards for about 6 years now. I have the marriage cert but after that they both vanish into thin air. I know the marriage cert is correct because of her fathers name and occupation and the name of the witnesses is a sister and brother-in-law of Caroline. I have gone through all the census from 1871 [the first after their marriage] until 1911 - no trace.
Thomas was a wine cooper, as was his father and a few brothers but that so far has been on no help. so I thought the other day that maybe Caroline died soon after the marriage - perhaps in childbirth and I found a death of a Caroline Richards with the right age and a child in the same quarter.
I had checked London PR's through Ancestry but no luck so I thought I would just take a chance, not sure what else to do, i do know that they are adding records all the time but.....
I cannot find any children for the couple.
I have also tried emigration records without any success.
not sure what else to do - any suggestions ?  It is so frustrating

Cullen
Simmons/Simmonds -Sussex
Hall - Cuckfield, Sussex
Allen - Sussex
Glenister -Bucks
Allen - Bucks
Young - Bucks