Author Topic: Derryheen Parish Registers - LEONARD marriage 1846- COMPLETED  (Read 3179 times)

Offline RKL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Derryheen Parish Registers - LEONARD marriage 1846- COMPLETED
« on: Tuesday 14 June 05 14:17 BST (UK) »
IGI indicates that a marriage record exists for Christopher LEONARD and Mary Anne TAYLOR in District Church 0527, Derryheen, Cavan on 02 March 1846.

A lookup would be most appreciated - in particular names of the groom's parents and/or groom's place of residence.

Confirmation that the church in question is Church of Ireland would also be helpful.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Derryheen Parish Registers - LEONARD marriage 1846
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 June 08 01:44 BST (UK) »
Hello RKL,

I hadn't come across the expression District Church until I read your message. District Churches and Parochial Chapels are mentioned in an article headed The Church of Ireland (1931) in this link www.geocities.com/Heartland/Estates/6587/Church.html Broken Link

Christopher

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 November 09 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Although this in an old query it doesn't say that you've actually found the marriage details you were looking for originally.

Since your post Index to civil registrations has come online (free)- search for bride and groom separately then look for results that match and also give page number 527 ('0527' in IGI refers to page number).
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;t=searchable;c=1408347
Then you can order the certificate (should list fathers' names and occupations but will not show mothers' names):
www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

Note: If you no longer need this marriage information please add the word 'completed' to the title in your original post on this thread so others will know you've finished looking for the information.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline RKL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 November 09 06:38 GMT (UK) »
Greetings

Thank you for your very helpful reply. Indeed this was an old post but I had not got the answer I was looking for. Now I have the means to get the answer.

Thanks and kind regards

INFORMATION NO LONGER NEEDED