Author Topic: Drummully Parish - LEONARD/LENNARD Family  (Read 3784 times)

Offline RKL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Drummully Parish - LEONARD/LENNARD Family
« on: Tuesday 14 June 05 14:38 BST (UK) »
Interested to make contact with anyone researching the LEONARD/LENNARD family from Drummully Parish. Names include James, James Henry, Christopher, Henry, Joseph, Elizabeth, Catherine, Margaret and Eleanor.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Drummully Parish - LEONARD/LENNARD Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 September 06 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hiya RKL,

When were your LEONARD/LENNARD family living at Drummully Parish ???

Chris

Offline RKL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Drummully Parish - LEONARD/LENNARD Family
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 September 06 14:16 BST (UK) »
Greetings

As to the date of arrival of the LEONARD family in Drummully Parish I have no idea but being Protestants they may have been part of the Plantation. My direct family, James Henry LEONARD married on 29 January 1841 in Rossorry (Co. FER) to a woman (Elizabeth BEACOM) from that locality. The couple then emigrated to Australia. The father of James Henry LEONARD was Christopher LEONARD. A sibling of James Henry LEONARD  was Christopher LEONARD. There are two entries for Christopher LEOANRD in the Griffith's Valuation - one in Clonnagore Townland which I am pretty sure would be Christopher LEONARD (Sr) as James Henry was born in Clonnagore and the other in Clonlura - the latter may have been Christopher LEONARD Jr or a second property in the name of Christopher LEONARD Sr. I have some information about other children of Christopher LEONARD Sr and Eliz SMITH but this is limited to baptisms. As to when family members left Drummully parish, I have no idea.

Incidentally, I'm based in the Philippines so research from a distance is difficult. If you think you can help me, perhaps we can go off line.

k