Author Topic: Trying To Find A Death  (Read 5258 times)

Offline baggies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trying To Find A Death
« on: Friday 23 August 13 14:50 BST (UK) »

Hi

I Need some help or information for a Death i am trying to find.

I am trying to find a death for Mary A Tromans born in Kettlebrook, she married Samuel Tromans and in 1901 they moved to Tipton i have found a death for a Mary A Tromans in 1911 but looks like it may be the wrong one i applied for a death certificate for the 1911 one in dudley and they have not got it i applied for it at west bromwich and they have not got it.

She is on the 1911 census but i think she may have died between 1911 and 1914 as Samuel married again in 1914 to my great nan he as put widower on the marriage certificate to my great nan unless this turns out to be not true and his first wife was still alive i don't know.

Really need some help as i have hit a brick wall.

Thanks
Baggies

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Trying To Find A Death
« Reply #1 on: Friday 23 August 13 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hiya

How old was she because there are two who died 1911 one aged 53 and one aged 42

There is also one who died 1913 aged 61

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline baggies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 23 August 13 15:08 BST (UK) »

Hi Williow

Her birth date that i have is 1868

Thanks

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 23 August 13 15:29 BST (UK) »
It might be worth e-mailing bereavement services at the local counsel and asking them if they have a note of the burial. If you mention that she may have died between april and june 2011 it will make it easier for them

The other thing is the person who registered the death might have got the age wrong

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline baggies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 23 August 13 15:32 BST (UK) »

Hi Williow

I did go west bromwich crem who hold the records for burials in sandwell and could not find a burial for her but i may try again and get in touch with them.

Thanks for your help.

Baggies

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 26 August 13 09:00 BST (UK) »
I have done some transcribing and for instance the west Bromwich high street has burials from all over the place and so you may have to consider she was buried elsewhere.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 26 August 13 09:49 BST (UK) »
i have found a death for a Mary A Tromans in 1911 but looks like it may be the wrong one i applied for a death certificate for the 1911 one in dudley and they have not got it i applied for it at west bromwich and they have not got it.
Have you tried applying for the certificate from the GRO price £9.25?
www.gro.gov.uk
You need the GRO reference once you have decided which one - I would suggest that if your Mary was on the 1911 census [2 Apr 1911] it cannot  be the first one - the age of the second fits best with your dob of 1868.
As found by Willow:
Mar 1911
Tromans    Mary A    53    Dudley    6c   1   
Jun 1911   
Tromans    Mary A    42    Dudley    6c   15   
Dec 1913
Tromans    Mary A    61    Dudley    6b   1125    

Josey
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline baggies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 26 August 13 10:41 BST (UK) »

Hi Williow

Thanks for that information i think i will apply for the certificate from gro.

Many Thanks

Baggies

Offline baggies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 27 August 13 18:42 BST (UK) »

Hi

Trying to find a Death for Mary A Tromans completed the death for 1911 age 42 was the right one applied for the certificate at the general register office.

Was told the certificate when i visited West Bromwich Registry office was not there have now received a email from the registry office and it was there and was told the 1911 age 42 is the right one and matches my information.

Thanks for all the help.

Baggies