Author Topic: Barker and Kent Cookham  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Barker and Kent Cookham
« on: Saturday 24 August 13 00:50 BST (UK) »
Hello
Is there anywhere other than Berks Record Office where I can find Cookham records? If not, is there anyone able and willing to do some lookups for Barker and Kent in said records?
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Barker and Kent Cookham
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 August 13 07:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Please see my private message (pm).
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 August 13 08:07 BST (UK) »
What period and what records were you thinking of?

Imber
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 August 13 17:23 BST (UK) »
What period and what records were you thinking of?

Imber

I am really looking for are baptisms of Eliza Barker 1809- 1880/Jonathan 1815/-1903 George 1826-1913, and any other siblings.
I need to prove the relationship between Eliza (my 2nd great grandmother) and any others.
The Barkers/Austins/Kents all intermarried during the 19th century and although I have sorted some of them out, their beginnings are still shrouded in mystery. I suspect that they are all children of a William and Susannah.
James Kent 1795-1879 originated in Steventon and had 7 children in Cookham. At least 2 emigrated to Australia. Son William 1833/4 married Sarah Ann Austin, dau of Charles and Eliza - my line. Another link is that there is a later marriage between William Kent's son and my Durbridge famly.
In the 1851 Eliza Barker says bo Marlow, Bucks but I have found no sign of her there in C of E records. In all the other censuses, she says born Cookham.
I have recently come across a newspaper report of a family assailt  and squabble in 1859 between Eliza, her husband  and Jonathan which has convinced me that they are closely related.  But how, without the baptisms??
Further "proof" is that one of Eliza's children was also called Jonathan but he died in 1867.
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;