Author Topic: Deciphering death certificate 1897.  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Deciphering death certificate 1897.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 September 13 10:57 BST (UK) »
Yes...I see it now too.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Louie13

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 September 13 00:24 BST (UK) »
Today I started wondering if it was a s with an accent above but when I visit the first document it makes me question it. I have started looking at naturalisation and seaman records. Thank you for taking the time to look :)

Offline Nanamc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 November 17 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hello Lou, I am researching the family tree of Carmyle Jettrit, on behalf of my husband's niece who is the great-great-granddaughter of Carmyle.  I can't seem to find anything further than the 1897 Death Certificate of Francis Bennett and the 1891 Census.  Did you get any further than this, if so, I would be grateful if you could share info with me.  Likewise, I might have info that would maybe help you with your research.  I hope this message finds you, as I noticed your last postings were in 2013. Nanamc

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 02 November 17 15:29 GMT (UK) »
The 'J' is quite similar to the way the 'J' in the Registrar's name - W. Johnston - is written. Although it doesn't look much like the 'J' in John Bennett.
As an aside - that's because the John Bennett is the signature, I believe, of the informant so not written in the same hand.

Welcome to rootschat Nanamc :). Hope Louie13 gets a notification of your post. Have you found a death for Carmyle Bennett? If it was in Scotland her death certificate may give her parents, depending on whether the informant knew their names.

ADDED: Do you know anything about Nicholas? I found some merchant seaman records for a Nicholas BONNETT born 1810 in Malta on findmypast, with notes of his voyages 1845 - 1858. I wonder if this is Francis' father? These state he resides in Malta between ships.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Nanamc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 November 17 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Josey, Thank you RootsChat for your advice regarding Carmyle Bennett.  I will certainly check for any more certificates.  Thank you also for the information on Nicholas Bonnet born 1810 in Malta, again I will check this out for more info.  I am so grateful to you for your input.
Nanamc

Offline Muriel MSIDA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Msida Bastion Garden, Floriana, Malta
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 22 November 21 02:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi :)

"On the same census his occupation is seaman, like his father and his partner Mary Doherty's father John Docherty - Seaman: Merchant services."

We have 2 similar names in our burial registers at the Msida Bastion Garden in Malta. Unfortunately,  I can't find anything about them. Could they be related ?

John Doherty Halifax, died 1864 Malta
Mary Halifax, died 18 Jul 1854 Malta

But I have also this :

John DOHERTY, 21+, widower, born in Sligo, Ireland, employee HM Dockyard, the son of Patrick and Mary Doherty, married 12th December 1865 to, Barbara HALLIFAX, 21+, spinster, born in Wigton, Cumberland, the daughter of Barbara and the late Reverend Joseph Hallifax

And this :

John DOHERTY, Master of the Union of Malta Lodge No.407 in 1871

I'm clueless.... :(