Author Topic: Cloyne - Looking for Baptism and Death Look Ups & Info on The Old Mill Garryowen  (Read 1561 times)

Offline AlanR83

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am looking for a local historian or someone familiar with Cloyne to see if there is any record of the below in Cloyne Catholic records: (Info is off a Headstone in St Joseph's Cemetery Cork City)

Patrick Myles Roche died Dec 21, 1848 aged 67 years
his brother - James Roche died Dec 03, 1848 age 56 years (I think its 56 - Headstone is faded)
James Son - David Roche died April 29, 1838 age 20 years.
another son of James was Patrick Roche - no info given

Through Roots Ireland website I found a David Roche born in Cloyne in 1817 with a father James, brother Patrick born 1815 and the mother was Mary Cronin. The address on the baptism says Garryowen, I found out that Garryowen used to be an Old Mill, I know my ancestors were Millers for generations. Any info about that Mill and who owned it would be an excellent help.

I also found that James Roche and Mary Cronin married in Cloyne in 1804, address was Bohermore, but if the headstone is correct that would have made James 12, which is why i'm not sure that this is the correct family. Unless did boys get married as young as 12 at that time?