Author Topic: Griffiths, Margaret  (Read 2432 times)

Offline hornhill

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Griffiths, Margaret
« on: Monday 02 September 13 15:57 BST (UK) »
I have found a burial March 1848 Llanycil for a Margaret(Williams) Griffiths B. 1794.  I believe she was the husband of John Griffiths/Richards my 4x g.uncle.
I would really appreciate it if somebody has access to the burial records.  Would love to know where she is buried and if her husband is buried there also.
I have recently found the birth and baptism of their son Richard Griffiths B. 21 Apr. 1823 and Bap. 08 May 1825. They had another son Griffith Griffiths b. 1811 at Capel y Parc, Bala.
I thank you in advance for your interest and help.
Catherine

Offline johnalwynjones

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Griffiths, Margaret
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 September 13 12:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine
You are in luck! They are both buried together at St Beuno's Church in Llanycil, Bala.
The gravestone is in Welsh & reads:-
In Memory of Margaret, the wife of John Griffiths, Bala who was buried on the 21 March 1848 aged 55. Also in memory of her husband John Griffiths who was buried on the 20th March 1861 aged 76.
If you enter the cemetery from the main road, the grave is to the left and above the first path but before the second path closer to the boundary closest to Bala.
Indeed Richard was baptised at Capel y Park, the address given is Parc Bach & the mother was from Llanuwchlyn parish.
Also William was born on the 14 April 1822 (same address) 
Hope that's of help
Alwyn

Offline hornhill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Griffiths, Margaret
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 September 13 13:29 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Alwyn for that info.  I did get lucky! I just found another baptism for John & Margaret - a girl Jane baptised 1812 Aug. 13 at Llanuwchllyn.
Again, thank you for your help - you have helped me many times.

Catherine