Author Topic: Aldridge family as millers  (Read 5446 times)

Offline windy_miller

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Aldridge family as millers
« Reply #9 on: Friday 06 September 13 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Keziah, T Mo & Hanes teulu,

Always good to hear from y'all (or really it should be "all y'all" as my Texan friends would say).  You're experts at digging up those hard to find names and dates.  Once again you've given me plenty to be getting on with.

Big thank you,
Windy
windmills, watermills, steam-mills, bark-mills, cotton mills, &c. millwrights & millers

Online hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 07 September 13 10:08 BST (UK) »
Married - yesterday se'nnight Mr Philip Aldridge, miller, of Walton, to Mary, daughter of Mr Spring, governor of the Gaol at Sudbury
(Bury and Norwich Post Wed 26 Jun 1822)

Offline Keziah2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 07 September 13 17:17 BST (UK) »
Married - yesterday se'nnight Mr Philip Aldridge, miller, of Walton, to Mary, daughter of Mr Spring, governor of the Gaol at Sudbury
(Bury and Norwich Post Wed 26 Jun 1822)

Suspect this is the same Philip Aldridge that married Ann Polley 14 Jul 1814 Sudbury St Peter.  He is described as a widower when marrying Mary Walton on 18 Jun 1822 Sudbury St Gregory.
Ann Aldridge of Walton buried 28 Feb 1821 age 31 Lt Cornard All Saints.

K

Offline windy_miller

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 07 September 13 20:38 BST (UK) »
Yes, I thought that was the case.  I've examined the Bap. Reg. in Ipswich and could not find any issue from Anne & Philip; only Mary & Philip.

Windy
windmills, watermills, steam-mills, bark-mills, cotton mills, &c. millwrights & millers

Offline dean a

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 29 September 13 00:41 BST (UK) »
i have lots of imformation and photos of the aldridge family and their mills ,walter was also at walberswick ,fred aldridge was at ilk st margarets where my grandfather worked , he was walters garndson and was born at huntingfield mill.the aldridges also had shotesham mill,hempnall mill and many more i also have all the family history let me know what you would like to know.

Offline dean a

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 30 September 13 22:29 BST (UK) »
hello  windy,

i can`t send a personal message as i am new  to  roots chat, i am  also in  suffollk and am more than  happy to share pics and info  with you, is your mill base one of the aldridge`s??

Regards
Dean

Offline MBooks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 16 July 19 12:51 BST (UK) »
 Hi I am a dealer I own 2  Adam Aldridge of Bramfield,. Suffolk items that may help you, his Gurneys Bank manuscript A/c book  62 pages of manuscript a/c’s ink inscription front  Mr Adam Aldridge,  Bramfield,   inside front is a printed label of  Messers Gurneys & Co., 1st  manuscript page has “ Ac’s Gurneys, Birkbeck, Barclays, Orde and Buxtons in a/c with Mr Adam Aldridge, Miller at Bramfield”. Also a mostly unused 1895 A/c book of Mr Adam Aldridge of Holly Farm,  Bramfield Suffolk.

Offline GerryNew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 20 January 20 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi  Just spotted this new entry on ABE    https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=30537700917&searchurl=sortby%3D0%26vci%3D1274843&cm_sp=snippet-_-srp1-_-title2     hope it may be of use     -------Gerry