Author Topic: HERBISON and MULLEN  (Read 3704 times)

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
Re: HERBISON and MULLEN
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 22 June 05 19:02 BST (UK) »
See I was right

You keep coming back........

Hope you find them

STeve
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline TomParker

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 15 May 21 14:02 BST (UK) »
Helen
Hi my name is Thomas Parker. James Herbison is also my 2nd Great Grandfather. My mother was Blanche Lenora Herbison daughter of Thomas Herbison and Eliza Ann Westwick Grace (divorced). Thomas was the son of James Herbison and Janet Hamilton. James was the son of Thomas Herbison and Margaret Mullen as per James marriage certificate. I have come to a brick wall at that point. I live in Florida USA. Have you had any luck going farther back in the tree?
I was also stopped at John Hamilton husband of Agnes Hodgent parents to Janet Hamilton, James' wife.

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 May 21 09:48 BST (UK) »
earlier records would include church records etc and the irish genealogy hub has indexs of Co antrim Tithe Applotment Book entries 1823-1837, which sometimes helps going further back in time but it is incomplete
http://www.irishgenealogyhub.com/antrim/tithe-applotments/larne-parish.php has no
Harbeson, Harbinson, Harbison, Harbusson, Herbertsan, Herbinson, Herbison
however there is an entry for a Mullen variant
Mullin, Thomas Townland: Ballylorran Year: 1834
I can supply all the entries for Co Antrim but without a knowledge of civil parishes you might need help there is a free map with numbered list iof parish names
Coal mining in Co Antrim existed see the book by Alan McCutcheon industrial Archaeology of Northern Ireland
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide