Author Topic: 1841 census for Westminster - WILKIE  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Bucks Bodger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census for Westminster - WILKIE
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 March 12 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Peter

I have been doing some research for a friend who is descended from John Wilkie and Mary Dudden Thyer via their daughter, Jane Wilkie, who married Albert Saunders Brooks in 1875.

I gather you are also descended from John Wilkie, perhaps we could compare notes ?

Offline Peter H

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 March 12 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Message sent off line.

Peter

Offline SallyReid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 04 November 17 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter, I’m Sally Reid, my grandmother was Louise Rebecca Wilkie, daughter of James Wilkie and Sarah strong, so I thinks are related! I have quite a bit of info on Wilkie, strong, dudden thyer genealogy if you would like to get in touch. Best, Sally

Offline Peter H

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 November 17 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sally,

How nice to hear from you. Yes, I do believe we are related and if my calculations are correct, we are third cousins. My grandmother was Annie Amelia Wilkie who married Ambrose Brooks in 1884. Her parents were John Wilkie and Mary Dudden Thyer, who I presume were also the parents of your James Wilkie (John and Mary did have a son James in 1855).

It's been a while since I did any research on the Wilkie or Thyer line but I do have John's parents as Alexander Wilkie and Margaret Ogilvie and Margaret's parents as probably John Ogilvie and Beatrice Stormonth. Mary's parent's on the other hand were Thomas Thyer and Elizabeth Simpson.

Your contact has prompted me to start again on these lines to see if I can get them filled out some more. It would be good to be able to exchange information and I would be very interested in anything you have on the Wilkie or Thyer families. It might be better to continue this conversation direct via email if you are happy to do so. I will send you a personal message with my email details after I post this.

Best wishes

Peter Heather

Offline SallyReid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 05 November 17 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter, how lovely to hear from you! Yes, seeing your post has also prompted me to restart my genealogy project. We have some relatives visiting some of the family at the moment and one, Peter Strickland, has just emailed me a lot of info on our Wilkie roots.  If you would like to email to me I can forward and also look out a family tree that I have. I must get it out and look at it to refresh myself of how we are all linked! My email is Removed
I look forward to hearing from you, Peter.

Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Peter H

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 09 November 17 16:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sally,

I was about to send you my Wlkie and Thyer tree when I found that the moderators on this forum had removed your email address (see your message above)! I understand the reason for their policy but it's now stopped me from sending the details. I included my email address in my earlier personal message to you so if you reply to that direct to me with yours I will be able to send the tree.

I would certainly be interested to see what Peter Strickland has and, of course, your own tree.

Best wishes

Peter

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 09 November 17 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peter

Sally hasn't been online since her first posts but you should be able to send her another personal message, the notification for which should look different to the email notifications of replies, just in case she has overlooked the notification or her spam filter has it trapped in the ether.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea