Author Topic: Ramsey PR lookup needed - Hanchor & Ibberson  (Read 8801 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: Ramsey PR lookup needed - Hanchor & Ibberson
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 27 July 23 08:40 BST (UK) »
That's a shame that there aren't any Fullilove wills in Ramsey, don't know how I would have sorted out the Ibbersons without them!

Do you know where Sarah Fullilove was born? Or it is still guesswork at this stage?

Yes I have a tree on Ancestry, which I am presently tidying up and adding sources to. Happy to give you the link, will e-mail it now ;)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline FULOFLOVE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 27 July 23 14:08 BST (UK) »
Yes, Fullilove wills (on my line) are elusive...... I've mapped c16 generations since c1487 - two admins; no wills!!!

Sarah's birth is cited in the family bible, but only the date, not the where.....

Samuel appears to have been in Coventry until c1750, in London c1751-56, in Foulshill in 1761 and in Ramsey from c1765..... it is unlikely he arrived in the latter until after his mother died in 1763.

He was the minister in charge of two local baptist meeting houses registered in April 1765. Those where just across the county border in Cambs in the towns of March & Benwick. There were 3 more suvh meeting houses registered in Samuel's name, two in 1770 and the last in 1790 at Samuel's own house in Ramsey. It would be wonderful to find the supporting petitions etc for all five.

So Ramsey looks like the best option for Sarah's birth place since I have no news of Samuel ever living in Cambs.

Roger

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 27 July 23 21:54 BST (UK) »
Fair enough, that makes sense....

I will keep an eye out for any other references to the Fullilove's in my travels ;)

I might try looking to see if any of the Saunders family left wills....it can't hurt :-\

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline FULOFLOVE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 28 July 23 11:17 BST (UK) »
I think the Saunders would be a rich vein

Likewise Riddlington, he seems like an important man in Ramsey - he is on that deed too

Coxe Feary - also on the deed - has a story to tell - he ran that other baptist meeting when some Ibberson's went..... I remain confused as to wht they went there when that owned one in Ramsey - baptist factions maybe - Strict vs Particular - historic stuff online, but it confused the hell out of me..... religion is so fractured (and devisive)

Stay in touch with news - I'll look to see what else I have

Roger

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 29 July 23 01:16 BST (UK) »
I'll let you know if I dig up anything in the wills for Huntingdon, and I will wait to see if you are able to dig up more information on the Ibberson plaque at Great White Baptist Church ;)

I do have a copy of the below Ramsey wills from my family tree...

This is for Sarah Ibberson's husband John Saunders:

England & Wales, Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills, 1384-1858
Name    John Saunders, of Ramsey Huntingdon, Farmer
Probate Date    9 Oct 1837
Written  5 Feb 1837
Codicil  8 Feb 1837
It does not mention Great White specifically, but does mention land in Ramsey of course. No mention of the Meeting House or the Fullilove family.

This is for the husband of Elizabeth Overall (a cousin to Francis Ibberson's wife Carrina Overall):

Name    Peter Descow, of Ramsey Huntingdon, Gentleman
Probate Date    14 Nov 1770
Written  1 Jun 1770
A very lengthy will with references to lots of parcels of land in Ramsey, but no mention of Great White, the Meeting House or Fullilove family

This is the son of Elizabeth Overall & Peter Descow:

Name    Peter Descow, of Ramsey Huntingdon, Gentleman
Residence    Ramsey, Huntingdonshire, England
Probate Date    14 Apr 1785
Written 18 Mar 1780
No Mention of Great White, the Meeting House or the Fullilove family

I can see that there are some other Ramsey wills on Ancestry:

Name    Henry Hampshire, of Ramsey Huntingdon, Woolcomber
Probate Date    7 Aug 1794
Written  15 May 1794
Mentions: Property in Great White to sister Elizabeth Moon (as per the 1806 Deed), no mention of the Meeting House or the Fullilove family though

Name    Joseph Saunders, of Ramsey Huntingdon, Yeoman
Probate Date    30 May 1786
Written  15 Sep 1785
Mentions property in Great White (purchased of John Fitzjohn), and his own dwelling house in Great White, but no mention of the Meeting House or Fullilove family

Name    Thomas Augustus Ridlington, of Ramsey Huntingdon, Gentleman
Probate Date    7 Oct 1808
Written  7 Sep 1807
No mention of Great White, the Meeting House or Fullilove family

Jenny

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 29 July 23 07:48 BST (UK) »
Well, it's not much help...but this is what I found in the wills for the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon

Joseph Saunders of Ramsey, farmer – will written 17 Aug 1808, proved 6 Dec 1809 – no mention of Great White or the Fullilove family

Thomas Ridlington of Ramsey, surgeon – will written 5 Oct 1813, proved 17 May 1814 - he appoints his friend Isaac Ibberson was an executor & guardian of his grandchildren, witnesses of will are Carrina Bowker, Sarah Ibberson & Henry Ibberson - no mention of Great White or the Fullilove family

Coxe Feary of Bluntisham, dissenting minister - will written 30 Mar 1820, codicil 14 Mar 1821, proved 14 Oct 1822 - it is lengthy, but basically just mentions his wife, and daughter Naomi Feary. He also mentions his nephew William Asplan, and 8 nieces and nephews the children of his sister Ann Butcher including one named Coxe Butcher. He mentions Robert Saunders of Bluntisham, yeoman, briefly - he does not mention Ramsey, Great White or the Fullilove family

I could not find anything for Charles Montague Riddlington of Ramsey....sorry  :-\

Jenny

Offline FULOFLOVE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 29 July 23 08:11 BST (UK) »
So there is a pattern - nobody mentions the Meeting house in Great White or the Fulliloves. We do see that Sarah Ibberson nee Fullilove survived to witness that will.

Here are a few random Calm refs I have gathered.....

Reference:   R40/9/12
Title: Attested copy of Deed of Covenant to levy a Fine and Declare Uses.
Description: John Ibberson & Mary his wife, to William Shepperson of Ramsey, farmer, in trust.

Messuage at 40ft. Bridge, messuage in Gt. White with the Dissenters' Meeting House adjoining it, the Wind Corn Mill at 40 ft. Bridge, 1 Thistle Green Lot purchased of Mr. Gowler, 2 Skeggins Lots, and several lots called Broadholmes or Broadwells Lots. (214a.2r.), all in Ramsey.

Date:   20 Apr. 1792

Query: did the Ibberson’s sell Samuel’s meeting house? Is there a will for William Shepperson?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reference:   R16/1/3
Title: Release
Description: Francis Ibberson Jarvis, schoolmaster of Repton, Derbyshire, William Henry Overall Jarvis, gardener of Bretby, Derbyshire and Francis Ibberson, clerk to the Cambridge Gas Co., of his Cambridge (surviving executor of the will of Francis Ibberson, his father) to Edward Fellowes. See also R16/1/1 (not seen).

Ann Ibberson married John Allen Jarvis, dissenting minister, late of Ramsey, then Bretby, Derbyshire, in December 1821, she died on the 22nd January 1854, and was buried at Measham Baptist burial ground Derbyshire, of 7 children, only two survived, the 2 Jarvis's in the release who acknowledge payment of the legacy of £1,500. With supporting documents -declarations, copies of Ann Ibberson's marriage and burial certificates, those of her children, stc (9 items).

Date:   15th May 1855

The Fellows family were big land owners in Ramsey – lords of the manorl. There are Fellows documents on CALM etc.

NB. Measham is a parish where some Fulliloves lived c1750-1805 and then died out.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Fellowes Collection: records of the Fellowes family, Lords de Ramsey, and its estates
R34 - Deeds and papers
4 - Deeds relating to a freehold Fen Farm in Benwick, purchased from the Devisees under the Will of Henry Ibberson and his widow Ann.
CalmRefNo: KR/R34/4/37
Title: Mortgage (by Appointment)
Description   
Mr & Mrs Beecheno to Rev. William Wright of Huntingdon, Dissenting Minister. £200. Lands as in R34/4/36, a messuage and a shop at the south-west end of the Great Whyte, Ramsey, now in the occupation of Beecheno, and all Beecheno's personal estate.

Date: 12th July 1844
Creator Name: Fellowes family, Lords de Ramsey of Abbots Ripton
Repository: Huntingdonshire Archives

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CalmRefNo: KR/R34/4/36
Title: Mortgage
Description   
Henry Southwell Beecheno of Ramsey, chemist and druggist, and Ann his wife, one of the 10 children of the late Henry Ibberson, to William Brown of Broughton, farmer. £300. Mrs Beecheno's eleventh share in land in R34/4/16. Attached: Certificate 3rd February 1844 Mrs Beecheno acknowledges the above as her Act and Deed.

Date: 2nd February 1844

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I will have a little dig into the other doings of Coxe Feary - WTS

Roger

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 29 July 23 08:26 BST (UK) »
I agree that it is likely that the witnesses of Thomas Ridlington's will in 1813 are Henry & Sarah Ibberson (nee Fullilove) and Henry's sister Carrina Bowker (nee Ibberson)...I'd love to find Sarah's death/burial at some point...

I did not look for a will for William Shepperson at the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon post 1792, but can do next time I am at my local genealogical society.

I have lots of documents relating to John Allen Jervis/Jarvis & Ann Ibberson, including the 9 items the CALM reference relates to. You can see this couple in my tree on Ancestry. I forgot to mention that my tree in Ancestry is just my direct line (including their children), and I have a much larger tree at home ;)

I'll e-mail you a copy of Coxe Feary's will in case it is of use to you

Jenny

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 29 July 23 08:28 BST (UK) »
P.S. Remember that the Henry with the 10 children (including Ann Beecheno) is not the Henry Ibberson that married Sarah Fullilove  ;D