Author Topic: Ramsey PR lookup needed - Hanchor & Ibberson  (Read 8802 times)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: Ramsey PR lookup needed - Hanchor & Ibberson
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 29 July 23 08:38 BST (UK) »
Actually, it looks like William Shepperson's will is on Ancestry:

England & Wales, Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills, 1384-1858
Name William Shepperson of Ramsey, Huntingdon, Gentleman
Probate Date 14 Aug 1816
Written 23 Dec 1815
Mentions:
GSon William the son of Robert Shepperson
Son Robert Shepperson
Son Joseph Shepperson
GDaus Jane Ingle, Hannah Ingle & Ann Ingle daus of Edward Ingle of Doddington
Land in Ramsey & Benwick
No mention of Great White specifically, and no mention of the Meeting House or Fullilove family

Sorry, we strike out again  ::)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline FULOFLOVE

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 29 July 23 08:47 BST (UK) »
Other Coxe Feary refs:

From National Archives (Kew)

1.   FR1/1/1
Title: Church book - written by Coxe Feary, covering 1787-1883 (dates seem wrong – viz Feary death date of 1821) – this is perhaps the history of the Baptist chapel in Bluntisham.

NB. Coxe Feary’s father seems to have been a quaker, so we perhaps see a transition from Quaker to Baptist here. There was a quaker burial site at Earith (part of Bluntisham) from 16th century. Likely that Baptists from Mr Feary’s church were also buried there after 1788.

Held at Hunts RO

2.   AH31/14
1788 – Registration by Coxe Feary and others of a new meeting house at Bluntisham, minister Coxe Feary.

This may contain a list of Feary supporters – including perhaps Ibbersons, Saunders and Fulliloves
It may mark when Baptists moved from Great White to Bluntisham.
It could point to other such records at HRO, notably the Baptist meeting house established 1790 at the home of Samuel Fullilove in Ramsey, plus two others where Samuel preached – 1770 in March and Benwick. Hopefully all three have a list of supporters (petitioners).

Held at Hunts RO

Roger

Offline FULOFLOVE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 29 July 23 08:50 BST (UK) »
When you say PCC wills are on Ancestry - where do you see them? I've been finding them on National Archives - which is a bit more labourious.

Roger

Offline FULOFLOVE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 29 July 23 08:58 BST (UK) »
I also struck out on references to Samuel at Dr Johnson's library in london - the premier archive of baptist ministers. that dispite Samuel living almost next door to that library in 1755

R

Offline FULOFLOVE

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 29 July 23 09:31 BST (UK) »
Also, where do you see those Hunts wills. There is other stuff collected by the archdeaconry etc that may pertain. Maybe Poor Law stuff that may contain Samuel's relic, Elizabeth nee Fox anf the couple's children. Also, I am having great fun in c1600-75 Leicesershire searching the Court of Correction books - where non attendees at church get cited - eg disenters. I believe the Leicestershire Fulliloves became baptists prior to 1634.

Still looking for an expert to advise me on Cambs Militia c1801-20. Such may not exist of course. It is also possible there is mention of those boys volunteered by Ramsey parish in vestry minute books or the likes - again I am looking for an expert.

Some random notes on Samuel & Ibbersons - NB ref to parish paramulation -

1781. Samuel noted in Francis Ibberson’ will as living in an Ibberson property in great whyte
1782. Henry Ibberson marries Sarah Fullilove by license, implying non-conformist views
1794. Thomas Riddlington (who countersigned 2x Fullilove marriage bonds), Henry Ibberson and Joseph Fullilove, son of Samuel. cited on ‘paramulation of ramsey in ramsey pr
1804. New meeting house approved
1806. New meeting house and land sold

Roger

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 29 July 23 14:00 BST (UK) »
The Prerogative Court of Canterbury Wills, 1384-1858 should show up when you search in the 'Convict, Criminal, Land & Wills' section of Ancestry...but just in case the link to the record set is below:

https://www.ancestry.com.au/search/collections/5111/

You can get them free on The National Archives as well (since COVID), but like you say it is a bit more painful as you have to pop each one in your cart, then download them. The quality is a bit better on Ancestry too I find. If you have a subscription there, that would be where I would start.

The Huntingdon wills are available on Familysearch, you can't see the films from home though - you need to be at an LDS Family History Centre or Affiliate Library. My local Genealogical Society is an Affiliate Library, so I pop down there fairly frequently to access Familysearch films. I presume you have a Familysearch log in, if you don't you will need one. The Familysearch site has a weath of information...and you may find other Archdeaconry of Huntingdon records as well as the wills. Just go to the 'search catalog' section and start putting in place names, or keywords....it is a goldmine!

You can use the CALM database to look up whether a will exists or not, and if it does then look up the appropriate film on Familysearch, or.....as I have been having difficulty using the CALM site at present I have just been using the 'index to wills' film on Familysearch to check first. The index tells you which year the will was proved in, then when you look at the film for that year there is another index at the start that gives you the page number for the film. It is fairly straight forward to figure out ;)

The Film I have been using is: "Probate records for the Commissary Court of Lincoln for the Archdeaconry of Huntingdon, 1559-1857, 1559-1857"

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/374857?availability=Family%20History%20Library

Film 187854 (the first one) is the index - named "Caldr. of wills vols. 1-3, 1615-1858"

The Archdeaconry of Huntingdon 'Marriage bonds & allegations 1662-1883' are available below:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/1127353?availability=Family%20History%20Library

I am sure there are a milliion other records on Familysearch that I haven't found yet....I do love digging about to see what I can find though!

What is the ‘paramulation of ramsey in ramsey pr' you refer to? What does it say about Henry Ibberson?

What is Dr Johnson's library in London? I am familiar with Dr Williams's Library in London and the Surman Index for Congregational Ministers, but not the one you are referring to...

https://dwl.ac.uk/view.php?page=208

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill