Author Topic: looking for john albert sydenham eyre and fannie eyre  (Read 4539 times)

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: looking for john albert sydenham eyre and fannie eyre
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 10:40 BST (UK) »
Here's another marriage with father John Sydenham Eyre to narrow down his death.

*Fanny Evelyn Eyre age 20 marriage 29 Sept 1906 father deceased.
Groom Henry Robert Groves 30.

That couple are together in 1911 in Poplar.

* baptism 28 May 1886. 

Interestingly one of the witnesses is Albert Hopkins who I think was a witness on the other marriage we found. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline chrishicks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 13:39 BST (UK) »
Oh my gosh Janey you seem to be spot on with this army record. Thank you so much for that.I had heard from one of my cousins that Albert (known as James) had died in the war but we assumed it was WW2 I agree that war is such a waste of good honest people  who believed they were doing the best for their country!!!

I have seen the marriage record for Fanny Eyre and have uploaded the details to my tree.Could I ask Milliepede where you saw the image as I haven't seen the record that shows the witness's. I think that Arthur Hopkins was a relation but haven't had a chance to investigate this yet.

Once again a very big thank you for all of your help.
Chris

Offline chrishicks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 13:44 BST (UK) »
It is OK Milliepede I have found the marriage record and the other witness was Eliza Isabella Spillman, haven't a clue who she is.....but I will have a good look.
Chris

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 13:45 BST (UK) »
Right you are  :)

There's an Eliza Isabella Spillman born Poplar 1885. 
Parents Charles and Charlotte.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline chrishicks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 13:57 BST (UK) »
Yes I have just found her probably the right one as my family are from that area.
Chris

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 19:24 BST (UK) »
Just for info, Eliza was with parents Charles and Charlotte in 1901 and 1911, married Albert C Holman in 1931, and died in 1871 in Waltham Forest. I had wondered whether she might be a fellow pupil in the industrial school, but apparently not.

The parents were Charles Spillman and Charlotte Short, so no apparent connection there.

It will be interesting to see what the school records say for the two girls!

I wondered also whether something like a house fire might account for the lack of death records for the parents -- if bodies were not technically identifiable, for instance. But I think there would have been an inquest and an identification made some way.

Is there still one child unaccounted for -- Maud Elizabeth? Witness at Lilian's marriage and then nothing?

And you had thought there were 3 children after 1891 -- we have Maud Elizabeth and Albert James, but there could be one more?

HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline chrishicks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 21:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Janey thanks for the info.I do not think there is a connection with Eliza, she may have just been a friend as I haven't come across the names at all.

According to my cousin there was Florence,Maud,Daisy,Violet and Arthur.She did not know about Fanny  I found her via searching the records. Florernce married which we thought was Frank Emery but the marriage records show a John Emery I think.

So it seems that Florernce and Daisy were infact two sisters not the same person as in the school record.

Chris

Offline chrishicks

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 21:11 BST (UK) »
This is what I have found out:
Fanny born 1886 married to Henry Groves
Lilian born 1889 married James william Hicks - my Nan and Grandad
Daisy Louisa born 1891 Married Arthur Walford
Florence born 1891 married John Emery
Albert James born 1892
Maud Elizabeth born 1894

Then there is Violet who I cannot find any trace of whatsoever but she did exist.

Chris

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 22:38 BST (UK) »
According to my cousin there was Florence, Maud, Daisy, Violet and Arthur. She did not know about Fanny  I found her via searching the records. Florernce married which we thought was Frank Emery but the marriage records show a John Emery I think.

So it seems that Florernce and Daisy were infact two sisters not the same person as in the school record.
The child in 1901 is called "Florence or Daisy". As mentioned in this thread, Daisy is a traditional nickname for Margaret. (The name Marguerite is the French word for a daisy.)

Florence Margaret, who is in the 1891 census, was 4 months old at the time of the census (birth reg Dec Q 1890 in St Olave -- must have been born in December). The Daisy Louisa Eyre birth was registered in June quarter 1891 in Camberwell. Even if she was born prematurely at the end of June 1891, that seems to be less than 7 months after Florence's birth. That really is cutting it a bit fine!

Do we know the father named on Daisy Louisa's marriage?

The Camberwell birth place is interesting though. I've been looking at stray Eyres in 1901 born 1891-1901. There are:

- Annie Eyre, c1894 Peckham (place of birth is a ditto), adopted daughter of a Roberts couple in Camberwell (who were not well off; he was a chimney sweeper -- but may have been childless; they have a nephew with them as well). (There was no formal adoption process, so her surname could not be "officially" changed.)

- William Eyre, c1894 Camberwell, Inmate, in household of foster mother under Camberwell Board of Guardians, Camberwell.

- Harry Eyre, c1895 London, Patient, Brighton Borough Sanitorium, Preston, Sussex

There were quite a few Eyre births in Camberwell in the 1890s, but none of the above.
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?