Author Topic: Missing 1861 St Alkmund's Records?  (Read 11286 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing 1861 St Alkmund's Records?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 09 October 13 15:50 BST (UK) »
I tried the other two family names that I had - William, her father, from the marriage certificate, and a witness to the marriage, Joseph, who may ( or may not) have been an uncle or a brother, but I couldn't tie either name to an Ann born 1856, even though I extended it to Sarah Ann, and Mary Ann ( she seems to have had a fondness for the name "Elizabeth", so I tried "Elizabeth Ann / Ann Elizabeth" too.
Thanks, LFS for the F ... m ...T effort. That was kind of you. I really would like to know if there is a missing District, because, if there is .... I'm convinced she's lurking there!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 09 October 13 17:13 BST (UK) »
Dear ThrelfallYorky
It does start to look like it, doesn't it!
Hope you can sort something out.
Regards
Derby Girl
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Winson (Dby), Stanley(Sts), Harrison(Dby to Rutland), Barker/Barber((Sts), Baston (Oxon), Wiltshire(Middx), Franklin (Herts/Beds)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 09 October 13 17:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks ... you can see why I posted originally, can't you?
(Quietly tearing my hair out.....)
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 09 October 13 22:25 BST (UK) »
Dear ThrelfallYorky
I quite understand your frustration - the reference nos for St Almund's District 1 are RG9/2495,2496and 2497.  I don't suppose that will help you??
Regards
Derby Girl

Winson (Dby), Stanley(Sts), Harrison(Dby to Rutland), Barker/Barber((Sts), Baston (Oxon), Wiltshire(Middx), Franklin (Herts/Beds)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 10 October 13 16:55 BST (UK) »
Quite possibly they would - If I knew how to utilise them!! Sorry to say I'm not the world's best at finding rally obscure ways to look things up on Anc*stry - but I'm learning!! Off now to see what i can manage. Thanks, LFS/ Derby girl

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 10 October 13 17:11 BST (UK) »
Just been in there - On RG/2495 there are districts 2,3,4,5, and 6.
                          - On RG/2496 there are districts 7,8,9,10,11, and 12.
                          - On RG/2497 there are districts 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17.
     _ exactly the districts I trawled through, one-by-one, seeking "my" Newboulds, before I posted my original query. But no "district 1" shows up on the list.
There IS NO "district 1" on there. I'd not expect one district to be under another area, and certainly my knowledge of Derby, as I've never to the best of my knowledge, been there yet in my life, is not good enough to suggest where the missing district 1 might be.
So: anyone got any idea where "District 1" may be hiding?

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 10 October 13 17:43 BST (UK) »
Dear ThrelfallYorky
Apparently there is also RG9/2494 according to Genuki - so that would be the missing section.  But, I've tried IGI and can't find her either.  Did you find her on the 1871 - I didn't, so it might not be the census at fault.  Wierd, eh!
Derby Girl

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 10 October 13 17:54 BST (UK) »
I'd suspected that by 1871 census she would be one of the many Ann Newbould(s) in service somewhere or other in Derbyshire/Yorkshire area - and she married before 1881, and she's safely recorded there - but I'd really hoped to find her in 1861.
Any idea how to "find" the RG9/2494 without knowing what it's called, if it's not listed under St Alkmunds? All suggestions gratefully accepted, I assure you......

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 10 October 13 18:45 BST (UK) »
Frankly, no I don't.  If you've not come across it, though, Ancestry hasn't got it.  Do you have any chance of getting over to Derby?  To the Local History Library, there.  I will be going in a week or two to see my Pa (I have a bad cold at the moment, so it's out of the question) and might be able to fit a visit in if you still have a problem.
Derby Girl