Author Topic: Thomas and Martha Hunter of West Kilbride and son Hugh Hunter born 1865.  (Read 3570 times)

Offline greylady

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas and Martha Hunter of West Kilbride and son Hugh Hunter born 1865.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 April 16 01:18 BST (UK) »
Reply to Grant: Lilly May Sarah Christision was the daughter of Charles Christison and Elizabeth Clarke who were married in 1861 at Tarfside Lochlee.. She was born 19/2/1864 at Lochlee. Her father Charles was a soldier of the 42nd Royal Highlanders who died at York Redoubt Lochlee 22/7/1912. My father was told that his uncle David Christison who was a colour sergeant supposedly with the Black Watch was killed at Bloomfontein during the Boer War, and posthumously awarded a VC.  I have found a photo and article about a David Christison of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders whose story almost matches my family information. it was at www.coghlan.co.uk/Christison.htm. He is mentioned on a memorial at Edzell. Hope you find this can be connected to your family member.

Offline greylady

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas and Martha Hunter of West Kilbride and son Hugh Hunter born 1865.
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 August 20 04:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Grant, perhaps you are no longer following posts. I actually remembered a Robert Christison who was at Lammermoor Station in NW Queensland and was associated with Natal Downs Station south of Bowen in Queensland. I wondered if there was a connection to you there when I remember the Natal Downs part of the information.