Author Topic: George Henry Hunt a real PUZZLE  (Read 15094 times)

Offline stubblehill

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Henry Hunt a real PUZZLE
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 19 March 14 20:42 GMT (UK) »
 ;D
spendlove Hi

At last I have a smile on my face!

I have spent so long looking that I didn't see the wood for the trees, it has taken another set of eyes to point out something which now seems obvious, why I did not follow Mira through to a marriage I will never know but feel that this is possibly where the answer lies.

I will now spend time on what you have found to see what I can add.

Back to my question of  "Were illegitimate babies in those time likely to have been baptised?" seems that Mira was so perhaps I will find both Emma and Henry Hunt were as well.  I still plan to visit Matlock archives. I really want to be able to close this for my friend. I also have to check out the Timmins/Timmons from Alfreton so it will be a busy day or two, luckily I'm not that far away. Years  ago I couldn't find a birth of an ancestor of my husband, I eventually visited the archives in Maidstone Kent and found it really quickly once I started looking, it still doesn't come up on the select births and baptisms on ancestry.

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 19 March 14 21:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

In my experience illegitimate children were Christened, however once Civil Registration came in
many were not.

Crich is only about 31/2 miles from moorwood moore, and South Wingfield about 1 mile from MM.

I search for the place in google, when you get results then click Map which is just under the search box.  A map will appear with a drop down box on left of page, click directions and enter the next place. 

South Wingfield & Crich were both in Belper Registration District.

There is a lot of information about Crich here:-
http://www.crichparish.co.uk/

Phillimore Derbyshire Marriages:-
http://ukga.org/Registers/derbyshire.html

Spendlove

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline stubblehill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 20 March 14 01:22 GMT (UK) »
 :-\
This plot thickens!

On the 1861 census they have a son John born 1850! two years before they marry.

John snr is not at his parents home on either the 41 or 51 census.

John jnr like his mother is nowhere to be found in 1851.

I cannot find him under any name i.e Colledge, Hunt or even Fox for a birth or a census? :-\

Why is Mira down as having been born Langley Mill unless of course her mother was working there at the time returning to Heanor to have Mira baptised.

Interesting she does have a daughter Frances so really do feel this the right person and that she is Emma's mother, Henry's grandmother and that would explain why Henry is listed as nephew on William Fox census in 1871.

No wonder Henry added the George to his name for respectability when his g grandmother. his grandmother and then his mother all had a child  before marriage.

Offline spendlove

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 20 March 14 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Have just found the marriage of William Rooth to MARIA Fidler Belper Sept. Q 1843.

All the children (with only initials on 1851 census) are all registered Belper Reg. District 1846 -1851.

Just wondered if you were "going mad" with all the twists and turns.  Think I will join you.

Spendlove
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Spendlove, Strutt in London & Middlesex.

Offline stubblehill

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 20 March 14 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Spendlove Hi

I really appreciate your input on this one and because of it I feel confident that I have the right lineage for George Henry.

Looking through all the siblings of Mira and then her children after marriage it seems that most of them left home very young for work reasons, some appear occasionally again some dis sapear completely. Interesting that Mira/Mirah has a daughter Frances as does Emma Fox/Hunt, Emma also having a daughter Myra.

Emma Fox only appears on that one census, no birth for her that fits but then there are quite a few Emma Hunts births around the Belper area around the time so unless I find a baptism not really likely to have real confirmation.

Now to sort the Timmins/Timmons!

Regards
Stubbs