Author Topic: Burls / Vanstone marriage in Gibraltar  (Read 12587 times)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burls / Vanstone marriage in Gibraltar
« Reply #27 on: Monday 30 September 13 20:31 BST (UK) »
Gerry,

Have you looked at this website?
http://cab.gi/start/index.php/births-deaths-marriages-a-military-records

There's an email address, as well as addresses of the churches and telephone & fax numbers.

Might be worth an email?
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline gc1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 01 October 13 16:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks KGarrad

I'll send them an Email

Cheers
Gerry
Collison & Watts in Headcorn & Hollingborne (Kent UK) & Michigan (USA)
Kavanagh in Wexford (Eire) Michigan & California (USA)
Salisbury, Burls & Vanstone (UK & Gibraltar)

Offline mojob123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 14:49 GMT (UK) »
Frederick Hillary Burls my great great grandfather. Frederick Alfred Burls my late father's Uncle Alf. We have lots of info on the Burls connection plus lots of photos from Gib (they lived at Peppertree Cottage which was attached to His Majesty's Victualling Yard at Rosia Bay), quite a few phots of Alf, and some Vanstone photos. My nephew Tom is the family history expert for dates etc. Have only just registered to contact you and have to rush off now, but contact me. Regards, Mike.

Offline gc1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 12 March 14 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mike

Thank you for repling to my Post. The Burls / Vanstone family are on my wife's side of the family and any information you have on them and are will to share would be most greatfully received.

Kind Regards
Gerry & Heather

Offline mojob123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 13 March 14 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gerry and Heather. Just to establish my bona fides(!) here's a photo from my late father's collection captioned 'Burls Vanstone Jan 27 1926'. At back left is Frederick Alfred Burls (Uncle Alf) your wife's grandfather. At back right is his younger brother (born in Gib), William Alexander (Alec) Burls - my grandfather. 2nd from right, I believe, is Frederick Hillary Burls(known as 'Dada' by his grandchildren), their father, our great grandfather. On the front row 2nd left is Muriel(Auntie Muriel) your wife's grandmother. 3rd from right is Phoebe Burls (known as 'Ubba', supposedly from grandchildren's attempts to say 'abuela', Spanish for grandmother), our great grandmother. I've always assumed the other unknowns in this picture to be Vanstones - certainly the woman front row right HAS to be Muriel's sister! I appear to be unable to send personal messages on this forum (it'll be a steep learning curve for me) so I'm happy to take advice from you on how best to communicate/share photos etc. I've sent my nephew Tom the link to this thread, as he is far better able to supply dates for births, marriages and darts(thank you Monty Python). Regards, Mike.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 13 March 14 07:00 GMT (UK) »
Mike, Send another post (anything! OK or Hello will do!!) and the PM system will magically open to you!

The rule is there to thwart spammers - those who register; make 1 post; and then start sending spam to all and sundry!

As you can see by my tag lines, I am also related to Vanstone's (my great-great-grandmother).

Mine are from Bath latterly, briefly in Jersey before that, otherwise from North Devon (West Putford and Buckland Filleigh).

As I suggested before - take a look at The Vanstone Web - www.vanstoneweb.co.uk ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline gc1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 13 March 14 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Mike

What can I say but WoW and Thank you for the photo.

I will PM you my wife's and my personall Emails so we can talk more freely away from this post

Regards
Gerry