Author Topic: WDYTYA 2014 Olympia  (Read 775 times)

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
WDYTYA 2014 Olympia
« on: Sunday 22 September 13 23:19 BST (UK) »
For anyone thinking of attending next years show the days have changed slightly.  Whereas before the show as run Fri to Sun this year it is to run Thurs to Sat.  It is again in Feb on 20, 21 and 22nd. 
WYATT, COX, STRATTON, all from south Derbyshire and the STS, LEI border Burns Fellows Gough Wilks from STS in particular Black Country and now heading into SOP

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WDYTYA 2014 Olympia
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 January 14 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi -

I was just looking at the workshops etc. for the show. There seems to be a lot of gaps.  Anyone know why when the show is only about a monthish away that there seems to be so many empty spaces in the timetable?  Do you just think the website has not been updated?

I was wondering about going but not so sure now. It is a huge effort for me to get to London and I can't really muster much enthusiasm for what they have on offer at the mo.

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 February 14 18:13 GMT (UK) »
http://www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.com/workshop-timetable-sog

Full list is up and I agree this years seems to be a tad boring

Rob
WYATT, COX, STRATTON, all from south Derbyshire and the STS, LEI border Burns Fellows Gough Wilks from STS in particular Black Country and now heading into SOP

Offline Dolly_007

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 06 February 14 22:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I will be going on the Saturday with several friends who are new to FH.
I did struggle to find a interesting workshops to attend (!).

Dolly_007
Ireland: Jackson,Storey,Harris
Ireland:Kirkpatrick,Moore.
Co Durham: Brough,Shields,Priestman,Stewart
Westmorland: Nicholson,Miller(s)
Liverpool:Edwards,Jackson,Mayston,Shepherd,Shepphard.
Holyhead:Roberts
Wrexham: Edwards

Offline california dreamin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 07 February 14 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Yes, it's a shame.  Sadly, there was not enough to intice me to London with all the relevant costs involved.

I still think that WDYTYA should move locations so that other people who can't normally get to London can get a chance to attend.  Maybe it could be held in Birmingham or Manchester? Or dare I even suggest Scotland!   ;D    Or what about a touring WDYTYA?

I see that someone on RC has posted an offer from Amazon -   WDYTYA tickets for £10 each.    :-X

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 09 February 14 20:40 GMT (UK) »
I agree about it being moved elsewhere as well.  I am lucky that I get in for free each year but I do have to help my friend who has a stall there.  If I didnt I  wouldnt be going with the associated costs involved.  I think they have asked about moving it elsewhere on the feedback forms and most people who attended said they would prefer it to stay in London.  I see its advantage being as most overseas people come to London rather than anywhere else and the fact the venue as the underground overground and bus services there

Rob