Author Topic: St Alban's, Earsdon - can't find burials  (Read 1740 times)

Offline micksharp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
St Alban's, Earsdon - can't find burials
« on: Monday 23 September 13 10:04 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone

I've been  trying to locate the graves of my paternal great grandparents, Luke and Mary Sharp and Hugh and Hannah Millar. Both sets of great grandparents lived in Shiremoor,  Northumberland.
Mary died in 1928, Luke in 1932, Hugh in 1943, and Hannah in 1954 (I think!).

The obvious place for them to be buried would be in St Alban's, Earsdon. One of my nana's sisters actually related the story of Hugh's burial and had a rough idea of where he was buried at St Alban's.

Unfortunately, I can't find burial records for any of my paternal great grandparents in St Alban's. There is nothing in the church registers or indexes.

As this is both sets of great grandparents, I find this very strange. Could they be buried elsewhere in the area. Preston Cemetery, or Whitley Bay?

Thank you, Mick
Sharp (Yorshire, Durham Northumberland)
Millar, Miller (Bannockburn, Edinburgh)
Brooks, Middleton, Liddle, Sutcliffe

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: St Alban's, Earsdon - can't find burials
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 September 13 12:30 BST (UK) »
Try St John Backworth,the next time you visit the library,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 September 13 12:31 BST (UK) »
Would they have been cremated, :-\
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline micksharp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 September 13 13:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Radcliff, never thought about St John's!

As for cremations -not sure when they started at Whitley Bay but I think later than 1929? Don't know!

Thank you
Sharp (Yorshire, Durham Northumberland)
Millar, Miller (Bannockburn, Edinburgh)
Brooks, Middleton, Liddle, Sutcliffe

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 September 13 20:46 BST (UK) »
 ;D
Check at North Shields library to see if their funerals were announced in the local newspaper,