Author Topic: The Elusive Martha Parker!  (Read 1867 times)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
The Elusive Martha Parker!
« on: Tuesday 24 September 13 23:03 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Hope someone can help solve this little mystery!

Martha appears on the gravestone of my gt gt uncle & aunt John & Mary Jane Parker (nee' Till) in Christchurch Cemetery, Linton/Gresley, Derbyshire.

Here is a link to a photo of the gravestone: http://www.southderbyshirebdm.co.uk/personaldetails.asp?id=33931

It clearly states that Martha died in 1925 & is their daughter. However I can find nothing of her! No birth/birth index record & no death/burial record either. The only record i can find of her is that she is one of the witnesses on her sister Hannah Maria Parker's marriage to Walter Hardman on 6th September 1924 at the same church (Christchurch.)

John Parker married Mary Jane Till on 2nd February 1896 again at Christchurch. In 1901 they are living in Either Castle or Church Gresley (can't lay hands on my copy of their 1901 entry at present) with 3 children. They are Hannah Maria b1897 (Hannah on 1901), Horace b1898 & Alec b1900 (Alex on 1901 Census), Martha does not appear on the 1901, therefore must have been born between 1901 & 1925, but again nothing!

The family look like they are in Linton in 1911 according to the search on Anc*stry, but I can't view the details. I know that 1911 census searches cannot be done, just trying to put down all info that I have.

Can anyone help as this has been stumping me for some years now?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline karenlee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drive it like ya stole it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elusive Martha Parker!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 23:09 BST (UK) »

Hi

There is this one on FreeBMD

Birth Index
Sept Quarter 1907
Burton Derbyshire/Staffordshire
PARKER Edith Martha
Volume 6b Page 392

Cheers
Karenlee
Census Information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 23:16 BST (UK) »
Hi karenlee,

Many many thanks indeed, that is absolutely spot on!

Just checked for a burial on the site that I linked to & presto!

Link to her entry for burials on same site as linked to in my original post: http://www.southderbyshirebdm.co.uk/personaldetails.asp?id=33292

Many, many thanks indeed, I had wondered if Martha was her middle name!

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: The Elusive Martha Parker! COMPLETED
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 23:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Karenlee,

Given the address in the burial record 192, Weaste Lane, Salford & age 17 at death, I think that we can safely say that the following death registration is her:

Parker, Edith M; 17; March Qtr 1925, Salford Vol 8d Page 398.

Many thanks again for the help, very much appreciated. I think we can safely call this one completed!

Kind regards

David

Offline Jool

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • James Dodson, beautifully restored by mozza29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 23:32 BST (UK) »
Hi David

The 1911 census is free to view on Anc. at the moment.

Jool
Robbins - Wolverhampton.
Spooner - Monmouthshire & Wolverhampton.
Warner & Loundes - Dudley/West Bromwich.
Dod(g)son - Heysham/Liverpool/Wolverhampton

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 September 13 23:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Jool,

Many thanks for that.

Kind regards

David

Offline JanDenman

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 06 June 23 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hi - my grandfather was Walter James Hardman married to Hannah Maria Parker (born 1898), she was my nan, who had a sister called Martha who died quite young.  My dad who only past away last week was also Walter James Hardman born in 1934, he had a sister Mary and a brother John.  Almost certain that these are who you are looking for.  They lived in Salford where my dad still lived.  Hopefully this helps.