Author Topic: Will of Richard Bower of Stokesby and Filby died 1737  (Read 813 times)

Offline jonwicken

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Will of Richard Bower of Stokesby and Filby died 1737
« on: Saturday 28 September 13 17:58 BST (UK) »
Hi I wonder if anyone may please have access to the transcribed lists of wills and probate for Norfolk.

I am looking to see there is a surviving will for Richard Bower who died at Filby and was buried there on 27 November 1737.

The reason I am interested is that I believe from the location and names she gave her children, that Sarah Bower wife of John Pycraft was his daughter.

She married John Pycraft in 1743 in Filby and died in 1800 aged 79 so was born c1719/20.

Richard Bower was born in Stokesby in 1682 and married there 7 Nov 1706 Mary Gimingam and secondly on 29 October 1717 Sarah Nolburgh

He had no known children with his first wife, by the following children with the second:

1718 Timothy
1720 Richard
1723 Timothy
1726 Mary all baptised Stokesby
1728 Rose baptised Filby

There is no Sarah but considering the location and the fact she named her own children Timothy, Richard and Rose, I feel she must be another daughter.

However without finding her name in a will connected to Richard Bower at present this is still not proved with certainty.

Richard's widow Sarah Nolburgh/Bower appears to have been buried in Filby on 18 November 1753.

I wonder if anyone may therefore please be able to offer any assistance?

With thanks and kind regards,
Jon

Offline kaysii

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Will of Richard Bower of Stokesby and Filby died 1737
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 September 13 19:51 BST (UK) »
I've had a quick look at the Norfolk Record Office online catalogue but found no will listed. I used just the surname Bower.
http://nrocat.norfolk.gov.uk/DServe/public/searches/nroquick.htm