Author Topic: Jean Robertson Dewar  (Read 4215 times)

Offline AA

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jean Robertson Dewar
« on: Sunday 29 September 13 04:23 BST (UK) »
Jean Robertson Dewar was born in Perth Scotland,her parents were Robert Dewar and Christine Brough, these are the names on her death certificate. I believe she was born in 1874 or 75 but don't know the day or month. From AA and I'm a beginner to rootschat.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jean Robertson Dewar
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 September 13 05:34 BST (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to Rootschat. There is a birth registered in Abernethy, Perthshire in 1875 for a Jane Robertson Dewar that could be her. In Scotland Jane & Jean tend to be interchangeable, and Familysearch.org has 3 older sisters born in Abernethy with parents Robert Dewar and Christina Brough. You can download a copy of the birth registration from Scotlandspeople, a payperview site.
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/

According to Familyseach.org Robert Dewar & Christina Brough married Abernethy 20th November 1868, downloading the marriage registration fron Scotlandspeople should give you both sets of parents.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XYST-YHM

Andy

Offline AA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jean Robertson Dewar
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 September 13 06:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy,
Thanks for all your help, it sounds like the right person. Jean was my greatgrandmother and she has been referred to as Jane in some of my information. I also think she had 3 older sisters. Thanks again.
                                                                                                                             AA