Author Topic: 1871 Linthorpe, Middlesbrough Census look up, please  (Read 3462 times)

Offline Arrachogaidh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1871 Linthorpe, Middlesbrough Census look up, please
« on: Monday 30 September 13 17:28 BST (UK) »
1871 Linthorpe, Middlesbrough Census look up, please

Looking for information on occupants of 9 Harrison Street, Linthorpe in 1871.

My G/G/Father resided there for a while in 1873.
Charles Seamens. Married Isabella Bett 15th Sept 1873 in St Pauls. Had a child, Mary Ann Seamens born 30th April 1874, 9 Harrison Street, Linthorpe. She dies Inverkeithing Scotland Jan 1874. :'(

Any link to family connections welcomed. Charles was born somewhere unknown after around 1850 and his father Joseph also unknown birthplace possiibly 1820's?  Mother's name not recorded on marriage cert. ??? ??? ???

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 Linthorpe, Middlesbrough Census look up, please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 September 13 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

Only FindMyPast allow an address search on the 1871 census and their Terms & Conditions of membership prohibit publication of that type of info from their website

www.findmypast.com

Middlesborough & Linthorpe were part of North Riding Yorkshire at that time so I will ask the moderator to move this post for you
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 September 13 17:56 BST (UK) »
Charles was born somewhere unknown after around 1850 and his father Joseph also unknown birthplace possiibly 1820's?

The 1861 census has a Charles Seamans b 1851 Moulton Norfolk - father Joseph was an agricultural labourer.  Is any occupation shown for Joseph on the marriage cert
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 September 13 18:48 BST (UK) »
Marriage certificates do not show mothers' names - unless they happen to be a witness.  If CaroleW is right then www.freebmd.org.uk might show a birth for Charles in Norfolk and looking prior to that you might find a possible marriage for Joseph.

Offline Arrachogaidh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 October 13 08:51 BST (UK) »
Charles was born somewhere unknown after around 1850 and his father Joseph also unknown birthplace possiibly 1820's?

The 1861 census has a Charles Seamans b 1851 Moulton Norfolk - father Joseph was an agricultural labourer.  Is any occupation shown for Joseph on the marriage cert

We have Joseph as a labourer. as far as I know Charles was in Scotland from 1874 until he disappeared about 1889/90.
http://seamens.co.uk/Seamens%20Family.htm

Offline Whipby

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Wish I was still this cute!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 October 13 15:06 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately I can find only 5 houses listed in Harrison Street in the 1871 census, in District 33 of Linthorpe, and they are even-numbered houses.  I suspect the odd-numbered side of the road had not been built in 1871, and the even-numbered was only half completed.  I can't think of any other explanation unless the enumerator missed them out for some reason, maybe in error.

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Reddie, Gott, Woodcock, Randerson, Heslop, Dove, Sowerby, Henderson, Singleton, Butler, Kelly, Parkes, Pinkney, Sellers, Speck, Todd,  Wilkie and others.