Author Topic: HEADSTONE INSCRIPTIONS East Wemyss & West Wemyss Cemeteries(Part 2).  (Read 36714 times)

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HEADSTONE INSCRIPTIONS East Wemyss & West Wemyss Cemeteries(Part 2).
« Reply #45 on: Monday 08 February 16 17:36 GMT (UK) »

I am looking for the grave or plaque  for Marcell or Marcella Smith she died on 14th April 1921 she was married to John Fyfe Hunter, this is all i know other than being told she was burried in East Wemyss cemetery i hop you can help and or even a photo please i live in Australia so any help would be greatfull.
With many thanks
Regards Kim

Hi Kim the inscription reads 
64.   ILMO Marcella Smith d. 14.4.1921 aged 24y wife of John F. Hunter and loving mother of Douglas

photo attached

NorrieG

Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline kimmit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 09 February 16 06:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much, it may have taken me a bit to get around the site but I found her so once again many thanks Kim

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Norrie,

Do we have permission to show this picture on RootsChat ?

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 17 February 16 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Norrie,

Do we have permission to show this picture on RootsChat ?

Regards

Sarah

Hi Sarah  I bought the Cds for East Wemyss Cemetery from Scottish Monumental Ins
a number of years ago and only use them when I don't have one of my own photos
for the headstone, Helen Grant ( Scottish Mon. Ins ) has never objected in the past
Norrie

Offline RJStewart29

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 23 March 16 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me locate where some of my ancestors are buried? My great-great grandfather Roderick Stewart died in East Wemyss in 1933, and his wife Helen (maiden name Smith) died there in 1940.

My great-great-great grandfather also Roderick Stewart died in 1885 in Buckhaven, however I'm aware his wife Mary (maiden name McDonald) died in 1860 and was buried in Methilmill

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ross

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 24 March 16 09:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody could help me locate where some of my ancestors are buried? My great-great grandfather Roderick Stewart died in East Wemyss in 1933, and his wife Helen (maiden name Smith) died there in 1940.

My great-great-great grandfather also Roderick Stewart died in 1885 in Buckhaven, however I'm aware his wife Mary (maiden name McDonald) died in 1860 and was buried in Methilmill
Ross
Hi Ross sorry no headstones in East Wemyss Cemetery for the above, nor are there any in Methilmill Cemetery
NorrieG

Offline mmkiwi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 19 May 16 09:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie

Do you have records for Jean Warrender born 1803 m James Oswald (dont have a date of birth for him) they married 1827.   

Their children that I have found are James, Rachel, Ann, Walter and John.  Ann Oswald is buried in the East Wemyss cemetery with her husband Walter Kyles, and their Children James Oswald Kyles, Rachel, John and Walter.  I already have a photo of the headstone for this family group spanning years 1875-1996.

Jean Warrender was the daughter of Walter Warrender and Rachel Durie I dont have any marriage date for them yet but believe Walter was born in 1771 ..Their other children, in addition to Jean were John, Walter and David.

Many thanks

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 19 May 16 18:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie

Do you have records for Jean Warrender born 1803 m James Oswald (dont have a date of birth for him) they married 1827.   

Their children that I have found are James, Rachel, Ann, Walter and John.  Ann Oswald is buried in the East Wemyss cemetery with her husband Walter Kyles, and their Children James Oswald Kyles, Rachel, John and Walter.  I already have a photo of the headstone for this family group spanning years 1875-1996.

Jean Warrender was the daughter of Walter Warrender and Rachel Durie I dont have any marriage date for them yet but believe Walter was born in 1771 ..Their other children, in addition to Jean were John, Walter and David.

Many thanks
Hi this is the headstone I have some of which you already have, photos are available execpt
for Old Cemetery
Headstones in East Wemyss Cemetery
1508.   Erected by Ann Oswald in memory of her loving husband Andrew Kyles, Merchant, East Wemyss 7.6.1817 – 16.4.1884. John their son d. in infancy interred in the Old Churchyard. The above Ann Oswald 22.11.1818 – 17.9.1901

1532.   Erected by James Oswald in memory of his beloved wife Jane Warrender d. 6.3.1889 aged 85y. Also 3 sons who lie in Old Churchyard. James d. 25.6.1832 aged 5y. James d. 6.1.1836 aged 3y. Walter d. 20.9.1857 aged 18y. The above James Oswald d. 29.11.1891 aged 89y

1583.   Erected by John Kyles ILMO his father John Kyles, Blacksmith, East Wemyss d. 6.10.1895 aged 74y. Also his children Elizabeth d. 6.5.1853 aged 6y. Margaret d. in infancy. Also Cecilia Miller wife of the above John Kyles d. 26.1.1908 aged 84y

1729.   Sacred to the memory of James Oswald Kyles beloved husband of Annie Martin d. 21.4.1932 aged 59y. Walter Kyles his father d. 24.3.1875 aged 32y. Ann Oswald his mother d. 19.8.1897 aged 60y. Walter Kyles his brother d. 10.6.1900 aged 25y. John Kyles his brother d. 25.2.1907 aged 38y. Rachael his sister d. 9.6.1877 aged 6y. Also the above Annie Martin d. 14.2.1963 aged 85y. Alexander McLennan his son-in-law d. 19.7.1969 aged 71y. Also his daughter Margaret Lister Kyles beloved wife of the above Alexander McLennan d. 21.12.1996 aged 92y

also from East Wemyss old Cemetery
Erected by John Kyles East Wemyss ILMO his wife Margaret Qswalddied 8.6.1831age 34
also son James Kyles died jan. 1840 age 20 above John Kyles 21.4.1864 age 73

Norrie

Offline mmkiwi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 19 May 16 21:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much Norrie

I would love photos of all except 1729 as I already have that one.  Margaret Lister Kyles and Alexander McLennan are my grandparents.

Can I seek a couple of further generations on the Warrenders if they are to be found .. so there is Walter Warrender and Rachel Durie.   Walter born 1771 dont know their date of marriage but I am assuming approx 1795 based on first child born 1797,

And Walters parents were Andrew Warrender born 1749 and Christian Hutton, they married 1770 and had 7 children that I am aware of the above Walter, Margaret, Andrew, Elizabeth, Janet, a second Margaret and Alexander. 

Andrews parents were Walter Warrender born 1725 and Helen Sivewright or Sievewright born 1713 and they had 4 children John, Walter, Andrew and Elspeth ...  I have seen others mentioning this couple earlier in your topic.

so much thanks - you are helping me move forward without undertaking a flight from down under