Author Topic: Eliza Rogers came from ?  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Chippy_1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Rogers came from ?
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 11:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynette

I would love to have Eliza Rogers' emigration details.  On the 1861 census John Rogers has a 4 y.o. gr. dau Elizabeth (Registered Saffron Walden Jul-Aug-Sep 1856). This has to be dau of either Charlotte or her 1/2 sisters Eliza or Emma.  Elizabeth Rogers was not baptised at Clavering.   So, if Eliza left England before 1856 she is out of the running!

Offline lyn22

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 07 May 14 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hello the ship I think Eliza came on was the Chowringhee in arrived in N.S.W 16th Nov 1855. Eliza's first child William was born N.S.W 1856 she also had John ,Eliza , Alfred and Sarah Ann I have noticed other trees that call her Sarah Hannah . Eliza's parents I have as John and Ann Burton nee Wright. I have attached a photo of Eliza's son John Burton. I hope this makes sense I have a couple of Eliza's and it gets confusing sometimes. Take Care Lynette
Peter Burke father Dominick Burke wife Bridget Bagley son James Burke wife Lucy Dyke County Mayo Coventry England Australia . Grant ,Snell,Diggins , Burton, James Frederick Elmore /Elmer , Alfred James Bailey , Julia Elmore , Pierson

Offline mazlyt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 11 February 19 02:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynette and Richard

I do not recall having contacted you before.  We are all related.  I am from yet another branch of the Rogers/Burton family!  I know where you fit into the tree Lynette but I am not sure where Richard fits in.

William Burton and Eliza Rogers are my great great grandparents. 

My great grandfather was Alfred Burton, was born 5 Sep 1868 at Towrang (near Goulburn) NSW.  William Burton lived in the Goulburn, Mittagong (Fitzroy Iron Mines) area Alfred moved with his parents to the Orange/Wellington area.  Alfred was living in Stuart Town when my mother (his granddaughter) was a young girl. 

Alfred later moved to Narromine to be closer to his daughter and died in Narromine, 5 Feb 1955.  Alf went under the Rogers name and later the Burton name.  The reason for this was his parents did not marry until 25 Dec 1871, in Bathurst.

Regards

Marion