Author Topic: 53 Pupils - Gordonton School photo c. 1930  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
53 Pupils - Gordonton School photo c. 1930
« on: Wednesday 09 October 13 23:12 BST (UK) »
Hello.

I have found this photo and notes in the effects of an estate. Thought it may be of interest to the families of those named in the notes. Sorry but I’m not able to vouch for those named, so they should be compared with other family photographic records.

- Alan.

Fifty three pupils at Gordonton Primary School, main road Gordonton [originally Hukanui or some times Hokunui in Waikato Times accounts.] Notes state about 1930, with teachers possibly being Horace HILL and Rona BARRY.

BACK ROW L to R.
Walter RIDDELL ?, Lionel DALBETH, Dick TAYLOR, Ian LAIDLAW, Neville (Tim) DALBETH, Harvey GOONAN, Alex THOMPSON, Noel THOMPSON, Lex RIDDELL, 10 ?, Bobby WATSON, 12 ?

SECOND ROW.
George THOMPSON, 2 ?, xx CHRISTENSON, Louis BELL, Athol CARSWELL,, Ron SHARP, Noel EDWARDS, (Billo) SLATER, Jack RIDDELL, Ross ? GOONAN, Mick HENRY, 12 ?, Ian (?) VINCENT, 14 ?

SEATED
1 ?, 2 ?, Margaret O’HERN, xx HINTZ, Verona EDWARDS ?, Muriel DALBETH, Pat SEDDON, Rosemary TAYLOR, Verna ALDERWICK, Betty RIDDELL, Shirley SEDDON, xx VINCENT, Heather WILLIAMSON, Eileen SMITH.

KNEELING
Charlotte PENE ?, Jean PENE, 3 to 5 ?, xx PENE, Dawn BELL, Peggy LAIDLAW, 9 ?, xx DALBETH [side note “cleft pallet”]  Margaret RIDDELL, 12 ?, Beulah HILL.

A 600 dpi copy can be made available to family interests.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline PeneRaniera

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 53 Pupils - Gordonton School photo c. 1930
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 21 December 23 15:56 GMT (UK) »
wow my grandmother is in the front row thank you for sharing this

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 December 23 12:55 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat. Not home at the moment, but will get back to you when home again and located where I filed that photo.

Alan

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 24 December 23 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Merry Christmas.

Home again now, and off to a Christmas service, and hopefully later today will go through my files searching for where I saved the high resolution scan, of the photo to. It's not where I expected to find it, but from the above date, it predates a big computer upgrade, that I have had since.

The copy attached here, was a low resolution copy, so that it would fit in the RootsChat thread.

Alan.

Offline PeneRaniera

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 December 23 06:27 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Alan i do apologise for the delay in replying find it a little hard to navigate the site.

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 02 January 24 22:09 GMT (UK) »
Happy new year to you.

No problem. Navigating new, to you, sites are always an issue, but the NZ board supporters are a great bunch, and will offer assistance.

Once you have posted to a thread 3 times, you should be granted access to the PRIVATE MESSAGING on-board system. Therein we can PRIVATELY [just the two parties] share contact details.

See MY MESSAGES, in the top of page banner, or by clicking in the small icon under your user handle, and follow the prompts.

By using this service will enable me, to make personal contact, and forward by post or email a higher resolution copy of that photo, should you choose to have one. I have other research material about those named families, that you may also be interested in, and not know the existence of.

Regards,

Alan.